Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP giving long drive times?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new to ABRP and route planning in general for my MY, but it seems to give really ping drive times. For example, I entered a trip to Yosemite that Apple Maps says will take 7.5 hours. ABRP says it will take 12.25 hours. It is only reporting 35 minutes for charging so I’m not sure why there is such a discrepancy. I would assume both have me going the speed limit but maybe not? Is there some other setting I might have wrong in ABRP?

Thanks. Just checked that. Upon further inspection, it is touting me up through San Bernardino instead of going through LA, which adds at least 100 miles. Apple, google, and Tesla all say yo go through LA so it isn’t a traffic issue. ABRP doesn’t even give me that as an option, although it does give me some other slightly different alternative routes.

Thanks. Just checked that. Upon further inspection, it is touting me up through San Bernardino instead of going through LA, which adds at least 100 miles. Apple, google, and Tesla all say yo go through LA so it isn’t a traffic issue. ABRP doesn’t even give me that as an option, although it does give me some other slightly different alternative routes.
Is that for charging stops?

I was getting something similar on a recent trip. Turns out the app decided to check the boxes to "avoid tolls, ferry, and highways" which forced me onto secondary/smaller roads.

No matter how many times I unchecked the "avoid highways" box it always seems to come back randomly.

Took me awhile to find it but you can click on the text underlined in the screenshot.

1670877266624.png

• Informative
Reactions: JonB65