Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP Login to Tesla Account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers
I've read about using tokens rather than giving other web sites your Tesla login info. But I've never found any info on how to do that. It seems ABRP no longer will work with your login credentials to access the car info. I can't figure out how to get a token to share with ABRP.

How is this supposed to work?

Generating a token is normally done under the covers by the authentication mechanism. Once it has a token, it can renew it. I presume the first time you want to use TeslaFi it will ask you to login but will not keep your username and password, it will only keep the token.

Generating a token is normally done under the covers by the authentication mechanism. Once it has a token, it can renew it. I presume the first time you want to use TeslaFi it will ask you to login but will not keep your username and password, it will only keep the token.

I'm trying to use the browser version of ABRP. It no longer has a means of logging in using account credentials. It lets you log into MyTesla, Tronity, Jeedom, TeslaLogger and "Generic" using tokens. They provide a place to type the token string.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
I figured it out. ABRP no longer allows the entry of your account info and password using the web page. You have to enter that info using the app, which then gets a token that is shared with the website.

I guess there are some security issues with allowing the Tesla login info to be entered at the web page. In essence, this is two-factor authentication.

Reactions: DrGriz
I have to say, I'm getting pretty tired of all the Tesla "modern inconveniences", as Mark Twain would say.

Sometimes I just want to be able to drive the damn car without all the drama. Unfortunately, there aren't yet enough charging locations to be able to do that without using something like ABRP, a tool that Tesla should provide in the first place.

As it turns out, since the last time I actually needed to log in, they changed the process where for the web site, you log in through the phone app and the token is created and stored. So nothing needs to be done in the web page.

They just don't bother to explain that.

The other day I wanted to download a trip to the car and it gave me an error, "ERROR!". Yup, that's a direct quote. There's no HAL in ABRP. I still have no idea what it was complaining about. I had to enter the trip manually in the car. At least it gave me a chance to get more familiar with the car navigation interface. Seems you can now enter multiple destinations and play with the chargers, very much like ABRP. I was able to get it to let me charge before the first stop and after the last stop, so I could squeeze in as much driving in the middle without delays and in fact I saved 10 minutes of driving by not having to route to chargers in the middle.

I was happy that worked out without a bunch of stress. I got in some 560 miles of driving that day.

Last edited:
As it turns out, since the last time I actually needed to log in, they changed the process where for the web site, you log in through the phone app and the token is created and stored. So nothing needs to be done in the web page.

The other day I wanted to download a trip to the car and it gave me an error, "ERROR!". Yup, that's a direct quote. There's no HAL in ABRP. I still have no idea what it was complaining about. I had to enter the trip manually in the car. At least it gave me a chance to get more familiar with the car navigation interface. Seems you can now enter multiple destinations and play with the chargers, very much like ABRP. I was able to get it to let me charge before the first stop and after the last stop, so I could squeeze in as much driving in the middle without delays and in fact I saved 10 minutes of driving by not having to route to chargers in the middle.

I was happy that worked out without a bunch of stress. I got in some 560 miles of driving that day.
I also get "Error" when trying to share a route to the Tesla. I need to do this if it's possible. Did you find a solution?

I also get "Error" when trying to share a route to the Tesla. I need to do this if it's possible. Did you find a solution
Tesla integration is not a premium feature of ABRP, I use it and am not a premium subscriber.
Are you able to successfully share a route to your Tesla from ABRP?

No, you can't do that. I use ABRP to plan a trip in advance, see how it will go, check if there are spotty charging areas, that sort of thing. Once I start my trip I simply input the next charger I want to go to as the destination. You can only share an address to Tesla, not a route.

No, you can't do that. I use ABRP to plan a trip in advance, see how it will go, check if there are spotty charging areas, that sort of thing. Once I start my trip I simply input the next charger I want to go to as the destination. You can only share an address to Tesla, not a route.

In Google Maps (where you can open a route from ABPR), when you share to your Tesla, it does use the specific route. I've tested this with a simple, single destination where there were a couple of alternatives, and the Tesla navigation used the spefifically shared route (vs. plotting its own from just the destination).

I'll swear at some point I shared a route with a waypoint and it worked, but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment (just tested it again, additional waypoints cause the sharing to error out).

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer