Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABS Module Fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
955FEC82-ED87-4DE4-921C-FF29AC974B39.jpeg

So this happened half way home from work last night, I contacted Tesla and they said they diagnosed remotely that the ABS module had failed and it was a Safety Issue so once at Service Center ASAP they wanted to keep it until the replacement parts arrived. So far time is undetermined, big up’s to the Service Center, they set me up in a new Model 3 loan car and we’re awesome.
9F8DFC56-C23D-46D2-A001-C62584BCF33A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron and Miggy
View attachment 835663

So this happened half way home from work last night, I contacted Tesla and they said they diagnosed remotely that the ABS module had failed and it was a Safety Issue so once at Service Center ASAP they wanted to keep it until the replacement parts arrived. So far time is undetermined, big up’s to the Service Center, they set me up in a new Model 3 loan car and we’re awesome.View attachment 835664
Super lucky you got a loan car and things are getting sorted. Good on Tesla NZ.

Very close friend in USA had car battery failed in brand new car, they weren't offered replacement car and wait for battery was approx. 2 month due to shortages and shipping... they ended up taking refund and back to market searching for replacement car.

It's just faulty parts and end result was good as loan car and ABS getting replaced...
wouldn't be the first for tesla or any car companies... as long as no harm done and company own it up, it's acceptable good outcome in sh***y situation.

Super lucky you got a loan car and things are getting sorted. Good on Tesla NZ.

Very close friend in USA had car battery failed in brand new car, they weren't offered replacement car and wait for battery was approx. 2 month due to shortages and shipping... they ended up taking refund and back to market searching for replacement car.
Well that must have been disappointing, at least they got a refund
What was it
I wonder how that compares to other new EV's if a replacement battery is needed

Reactions: Audietron
Well that must have been disappointing, at least they got a refund
What was it
I wonder how that compares to other new EV's if a replacement battery is needed
Model 3... No idea for others, but based on uptake of EV most likely everyone facing similar shortages...

there are good experience stories and horror stories. REAL Battery issues will be clearly visible in another 5-7 years time... when all of the sudden battery demand will skyrocket as most of the world giving clean car money since 2021 - motivating people to get mostly brand new and some used EVs. Most of them will be towards that age where batteries are either at critical stage or optimum stage for replacement under warranty.
It's like 2029-2030 will be Battery apocalypse 😂 making everyone realised, how we created new problem to solve age old problem :rolleyes: