Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABS pulsating with new winter tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what I'm experiencing; I've got a '21 model 3 running the stock aeros and recently (within 2 weeks) put on a new set of Hakkapeliitta R5's in the stock size. Now I'm noticing that when I press the brake pedal moderately (not standing on it by any means) I feel the brakes engage, then there is a bit of elasticity that lasts roughly 1 second almost as if ABS believes I am sliding, then the brakes engage once again and the brakes behave normally until a complete stop. The thing is, when I've activated ABS previously it was much more jarring, this is "calmer/smoother" and only happens once, mid brake cycle. I have had this happen in all types of conditions: bare dry pavement, slightly wet, very wet, and icey. I have had the MPP brake booster brace installed for over a year now and am quite familiar with the "normal" engagement of the brakes, this isn't spongy-ness or lack of bite.

Is this due to the different compound in the Hakka's? This is only the second set of tires I've run, I replaced my stock MXM4's (I believe they were) after 22k miles as they were toast, never experienced this on those. Wanted to get your opinions?

Thanks everyone!