TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ABS/Regeneration system errors due to Speed Sensor Cable malfunction

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Mikeballball, May 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mikeballball

Mikeballball Member

Has any of you experienced these errors? I was driving normally and all of a sudden they popped up

Attached Files:

2. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

I get errors like that all the time every few days.. My worst was the following:

Tesla-Errors.jpg

3. ToddS

ToddS Member

I got something similar after a failed update. Went away after updated properly.

4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Could easily be an issue of one of the grounds failing.

5. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Yes--

Cable wire was loose under passenger front wheel well and sensor needed to be replaced.

Needed a ranger to fix.

Attached Files:

6. number12

number12 Supporting Member

Isn't there a recall on some parking brakes?

7. Mikeballball

Mikeballball Member

Wow I thought I had it bad, the thing is I was so used to the brake hold and it didn't register with me that this error negates this function so I almost rolled into the car in front of me during a red, they say diagnostics may take 2 weeks! Sigh. How long did it take them to fix yours @BestRadar

• Informative x 1
  8. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

It has never gone in for service because it always fixes itself on the next power up. When I contact them they tell me they dont see anything out of the ordinary and I need to contact them during an event. At the moment its been good for the past 4 days. It comes and goes and the errors are always different.

9. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

As I noted, I had same issue one night (with all your warning messages). Ranger diagnosed to passenger wheel well, found lose connector and replaced sensor.

Btw; I was told that you should not drive far when you get those messages.

I'd take pictures of screen when you get it again and call Tesla immediately.

FWIW: probably similar to my issue & a faulty sensor......

10. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Just had this crop up today too. Had just driven 3 hours to Tulsa, then felt some jerky regeneration braking and all the same warnings in the picture above came on and regen went away completely, unable to use cruise or AP.. MCU reset did nothing, but we parked for 30 minutes and the errors cleared and the car worked normally for a few short trips. However when slowly with regen from about 70mph the jerky regen recurred, codes came back, regen went away again.

Called Tesla service who was not very helpful. He was able to see the faults. Advised a hard reset by doing a full power down, waiting 5 minutes and seeing what happens. I did that, but the codes did not clear and regen was still non-functioning.

Have emailed the service agent in KC. Unfortunately had planned to use the X to deliver my other son to Memphis later this week, so bad timing.

11. efusco

Update: Via remote diagnostics they think it is a front wheel speed sensor gone bad. Hoping to get the part shipped and fixed tomorrow prior to our trip to Memphis. Fingers crossed.

12. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

^^^^
    Glad identified...good luck on trip......

• Like x 1
  13. efusco

Tesla service was amazing, got our local mobile tech out here today who found and replaced the damaged wheel speed sensor cable. It had apparently come a bit loose and was rubbing on the tire until it wore enough to break several of the wires. Appears to be a super easy repair (if you could get the part, I would think it's a simple plug and play DIY project. I'm back in business for our trip to Memphis tonight! 43315444944_57f27e3e52_o (1).jpg 42225014890_36d8bd5159_o.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1