TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ABS & TC VMS error

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by cinergi, Jan 21, 2011.

1. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

My car hates me!

IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG

TC still works, but ABS definitely doesn't. Also annoying is that this error has turned the no-regen light, even though regen is functioning.

I took a short trip, parked, and when I came back to the car and unlocked it, this warning popped up.

And now, off to inform Tesla ...

2. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

#2 Jaff, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    Maybe it wants the garage now? :wink: :biggrin:

"My car hates me!"

3. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

This cleared itself up while driving this evening. I'm currently assuming junk got in the sensor -- there's a lot of mushy dirty salty snow out there right now!

4. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

It's been intermittently complaining since the error first ocurred. When it's in a faulted state, ABS doesn't work (great timing with the snow!)
    Tesla tech came out today and long story short, it looks like a controller issue and not a sensor issue (he was able to plug in the laptop and watch the sensors as I drove around). The controller itself is logging a fault. Unfortunately it's not field-replaceable because 1) it's in a difficult area to get at in a driveway and 2) it requires bleeding the brakes which he doesn't have equipment for. It needs to visit the NY shop again :-(