Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abstract Ocean Front Trunk Auto Lift Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Just want to check in to see if anyone has the Abstract Ocean front trunk auto lift kit. The install was fine, but I notice the trunk is opening pretty hard. It opens so hard that you can see it shake after it is done lifting. I checked all the bolts and tightened them all. Yet it does seem to shake the hood pretty good upon opening. Is anyone seeing the same thing with the Abstract Ocean kit?

they were on backorder for a while and i purchased when they got back in stock a couple weeks ago.

i will have to pay more attention but i dont recall seeing the behavior you describe. the front trunk opens up fine (has a "damped" ending when the lid raises up) as i was more concerned about that since its flimsier than the rear trunk. perhaps you can share a quick video?

Try one strut at a time. I purchased my front struts from Amazon but had the same shaking when opening. I put one snow strut and one existing strut. It still shakes a little but is much better. I plan on switching sides on a regular basis to keep hinge wear even.

yeash boss my front trunk does not rise up like that. the main reason i waited and went with abstract oceans product was because their product damped a bit better than other videos i saw.

go to 5:15 ish to see the front open. mine opens up just like that.

I tried several different sets from Amazon and one other Tesla site and all did like the first video. The opening was so violent that I was afraid to leave them on for fear it would damage the hood. Turns out after all that I hardly ever use the frunk anyway, so it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: lUtriaNt