Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abstract Ocean LED's in non-PUP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model X without PUP. My understanding is the Model S without PUP has the wiring and the cutouts for the interior LED lighting...I'm wondering if the same is true with the Model X. I asked Abstract Ocean and they weren't sure. Has anyone with a non-premium Model X verified whether the Abstract Ocean LED kit will work out of the box on an X without PUP?

I just started to change some of them. I do not have the PUP. Non PUP will not have the lights underneath the front two seats, which actually I never really noticed until now. I only got to the frunk, two door lights and that's it. When I get to the total I'll let you know, but the Model X package from them is looking like overkill if you do not have the PUP...

Reactions: bigsmooth469
Apparently the non PUP has the wiring tucked away for under the front seats. It was in a comment on the teslarati article. I'll look and if I find them take a pic.

How many LEDs should I order if I only want to add interior LED lighting to my non PUP X? I actually don't care about the dimness in the existing lighting in the car...what I miss are the lights in the doors and in the footwell...the ambient lighting that you get with PUP and not with non-PUP.

I don't think there's a way to get the ambient lighting with just a bulb replacement. But if you're wondering about the doors and footwells then so far that puts you at four.

I'm not sure I follow...what I'd like is to add whatever is in the LED lighting package to a non-PUP car...don't care to replace the existing bulbs in the glove box and other places...just add lights if it's possible to DIY without too much hassle.

IMG_9645.JPG
I'm not sure I follow...what I'd like is to add whatever is in the LED lighting package to a non-PUP car...don't care to replace the existing bulbs in the glove box and other places...just add lights if it's possible to DIY without too much hassle.
For non-PUP you can add lights under the driver and passenger seats to light up the foot area of the 2nd row seat. Pretty easy DIY, once you locate the loose wire harness for the LEDs. Securing them nicely is something I haven't done yet as I'm waiting for my LEDs to arrive.

Check out the other LED post. I posted pictures confirming non-PUP have the harness.

• Funny
Reactions: Lloyd
View attachment 207634
For non-PUP you can add lights under the driver and passenger seats to light up the foot area of the 2nd row seat. Pretty easy DIY, once you locate the loose wire harness for the LEDs. Securing them nicely is something I haven't done yet as I'm waiting for my LEDs to arrive.

Check out the other LED post. I posted pictures confirming non-PUP have the harness.
So just to be clear, the harness is under the 1st row seats, and the lights are pointing backwards towards the 2nd row?

Ok, so if you want the look of the PUP, you're a bit out of luck. The soft Led lighting also is in some of the trim on the doors.

As for the LEDs, the only ones you would be ADDING to a non-PUP Model X would be the two lights underneath the drivers seat and the front passengers seat (one each).

You only need 2 if you are trying to get the PUP look minus the door trim lighting.

I ordered 8 pc set since I wanted it brighter in the car.
2 - frunk
2 - front footwell
2 - under driver/passenger
2 - door flood lights

I don't care to do the trunk/hatch or glove. The full set is 11+2 (red).

Reactions: bigsmooth469