Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abstract Ocean license plate frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the way these look, and match the satin/matte black finish of the MY trim. Fully anodized metal, and OEM quality throughout. I am really impressed with the product. Every curve, front to back matches OEM; maybe they're produced by same manufacturer as OEM frames?

Black frame side benefit is it makes the rear look more minimalistic and hides the rear backup camera.

Previously I had the OEM frames wrapped in matte black vinyl film and completely covering the "Model Y" label, but there were imperfections in the bends, and I have to be careful with cleaning around them as to not peel the film. Then the cold weather made the vinyl harder and would probably fail over time.

The Black Friday sale made it an easy decision to just spring for the AO frames. Satin Black License Plate Frames

Sharing pics of these frames on my car as to let this community support these guys for a great product.

DSC09605.jpeg
DSC09603.jpeg

I contacted AO and was informed that Tesla issued a cease and desist on thia item. Unfortunately I was not able to get one. 😔 I was waiting for the inventory to become available and it was removed from the site which prompted my inquiry.

I am willing to purchase from anyone willing to sell. 😄

I don't see the frames with Tesla model names from BORINGmod anymore either.

I wish Tesla would leave these items alone for aftermarket options or offer these for sale themselves.