TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Abstract Ocean phone tray vinyl wrap

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Butane, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Butane

Butane Member

I did the AO brushed titanium wrap for my center console a couple weeks ago. I left a comment on their support forum that they should add a 4th piece to cover the plastic over the USB cables on the phone tray. Didn't hear anything for a couple weeks.

Then this showed up in the mail!
    IMG_20180709_000620.jpg

Don't see anything about it on their website yet, and no instructions, but it was really easy to install. I peeled the vinyl off and placed it adhesive side up on a flat surface. Took the plastic cover and matched up the small end, then gently rolled it onto the vinyl. Quick check for fit, and then smoothed it down, starting from the middle. Turned out really nice!

IMG_20180709_000201.jpg
    IMG_20180709_000210.jpg

IMG_20180709_082502.jpg
    IMG_20180709_082342.jpg

It's a little thing, for sure, but the added detail really completes the look.

And just a shout out to AO in general. Their customer support, Christal in particular, has been nothing sort of fantastic. I messed up the vinyl on the pop up center section and they replaced it free as promised. Response times to to emails have been measured in minutes not days. And of course this wonderful gift!

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  2. fseir

fseir Member

+1. AO is great.

I had a similar experience with Kenriko. He’s started including the phone dock piece with his kits, but when I ordered, it wasn’t included yet. I contacted him, and a few days later, he mailed me the piece.

C704F884-24BC-43B9-96DB-102927B4E22F.jpeg

Wish Tesla would do the same with the trunk garnish, lol :p

I know they’re technically competitors, but both Kenriko and AO are absolutely phenomenal with their customer service, and I’ve enjoyed supporting both.

• Like x 1