TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Abstract Ocean vs Taptes?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by 525SNAP, Jun 6, 2019.

1. 525SNAP

525SNAP Member

Any has experiences with both accessories online stores? I know Taptes is based in Hong Kong and their items are cheaper than abstract ocean, but is the quality worse? I have a bunch of stuff I want to order but for now I'm not sure if I should risk Taptes or just go with the more expensive abstract ocean.

Thanks in advance.

2. commasign

commasign TeslaAdviceBlog.com

Have bought stuff from both companies without issue. Got the wireless charger from TapTes, and a number of fob pockets from Abstract Ocean.

• Like x 1
  3. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Nothing wrong with TapTes. A lot of their items are also on Amazon.

• Like x 1
  4. 525SNAP

525SNAP Member

Thank you guys for the input! I think I'll go with Taptes to save a bit.

5. Mattzilla

Mattzilla Member

I have two model 3s and a Taptes wireless charger in each of them. The ship time is understandably slow, but I think it's worth it. Both chargers have been working great for us. They look good and the price was right.

I've also ordered a few things from AO in the past for my S (magnetic phone mount, lights, etc.) and I've always been happy with their products as well.

• Like x 1
  6. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

• Like x 1
  7. Monacoruss

Monacoruss Member

Same for me, I had some minor issues with orders from both (my fault not theirs) and both companies were quick to sort out for me free or charge. I think Abstract Ocean is slightly better quality, the console wraps were very good. Also for the wireless charger from TapTes and really happy with it, but it wasn’t very quick to arrive.

8. Mtl_T3sla

Mtl_T3sla Member

Ordered a bunch of accessories (screen protector, center console wrap, door handle vinyls, center console tray...) from Abstract Ocean. Service and shipping were great. I'm thinking of ordering the wireless charging mat from Taptes.

9. bsk997

bsk997 Member

Ordered some stuff from AO before for both our S and 3 and they have very fast shipping which is great.
    Quality seems good so far.

10. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Taptes didn't come with the advertised USB splitters shown. The seller gave me a coupon code for 99% off the splitters on Amazon. Now they're backordered until July. o_O

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

I have known Pete and AO for 5 years--an owner/advocate who carries really great products with great service. Located in the US (?Texas). Small business owner. All good.

12. Mark Steward

Mark Steward Member

I ordered directly from their website taptes.com and mine came with two USB splitters.