Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC airflow around steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may sound like a weird concern, but I want to run my AC at a pretty high setting but have the airflow mostly directed below my face. But the way the vents and the steering wheel line up it seems I can only get decent airflow if I send the air through the hole along the top of the steering wheel which is straight at my face. If I aim the air more downward at my body, I'd estimate more than half of the AC just goes toward chilling the back of the steering wheel. The steering wheel blocks SO much airflow it's crazy.

Do other people have this problem or am I being nitpickey about AC airflow? Or is there some setting others have found that gives better airflow around the steering wheel? Thanks

You can use two fingers to spread it out slightly. That somewhat mitigates the affect, but yeah, the steering wheel is always a little bit in the way.

Which is why Model 3/Y need a yoke!

feRK6GL.jpg

I've found that this setting on the air flow hits my face the best. Try it out

Thanks for the advice, so far the best options I've tried have been moving the steering wheel up more, and also turning the passenger vent on and toward me. I still haven't found an airflow for the driver's vents that really cuts well around/through the wheel, but it's better