Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure exactly to what degree my problems are malfunctions or features so I have to describe it all.
AC set on AUTO only turns the vents up (windshield) no matter the temp - LO all the way to HI. When I switch to manual control it seems that it works as intended. Then it gets annoying to adjust the fan and temperature all the time and switch it back to AUTO. Now the seat heaters are on auto as well and even it is 60F+ outside my ass is being set on fire! I hate these auto butt warmers!!!
I know I can use voice control, but i utilize drive time to talk on the phone and can’t do that. And I shouldn’t, AUTO worked great before!!!
I am on 2022.4.5.21 the latest publicly available FSD beta. Maybe the non-FSD updates have this fixed.

A question about the AC operation:
When it is set to AUTO it is supposed to work so the inside temp sensor matches the temperature that is set on the screen. When it is MANUAL how does it choose to cool or warm up the cabin? Do all the numbers between LO and HI just represent a scale of the door actuator in the AC plenum (in conventional cars) between HOT and AC air? The only logical thing I could come up with is if the cabin sensor is lower than set temp - heater, if it is higher - cool air. That will mean strictly hot OR cold air and not a blend like with the ICE cars. Your thoughts?

Reactions: beachmiles