TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AC auto mode fan power logic?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by drummerboy7816, Aug 14, 2019 at 10:49 AM.

1. drummerboy7816

I'm not sure if my AC is not working correctly or maybe it's just the weird logic of how the auto mode works, but I've been noticing that when my car is really hot, like 85+, and my auto temp is set to 73, the AC fan on auto mode is like 4-5, with only the front air direction selected, thus taking forever for cool down. In my mind, the AC should blast the fan till it gets close to 73 then calm down, but that's not what's happening for me.

Is this normal or does something seem off?

I don't remembering having this issue in the past, so maybe it's a firmware issue? 2015 85D version 2019.24.4.

2. JasJ

JasJ Member

My car blasts at speed 10 until its close to desired temp then uses fan speed 5. Example drive from last night (courtesy of Teslafi) on my MS.

(First row is getting into the car... many rows of data after with fan speed of 5 - first 3.5 minutes of driving below)

upload_2019-8-14_13-9-16.png

• Informative x 1
  3. drummerboy7816

Thanks Jas. I'm starting to think that my internal temp gauge could be off some how by a few degrees. If I turned auto to 65 then it would start blasting more and get it to what I think is closer to 73ish.