Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Blowing Hot Air Model S 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My AC suddenly started blowing hot air when I started my 2021 Model S. Was in a parking lot for about 40 minutes prior to. Have never had an issue before. Fan speed was on very high and blowing hot air. I tried adjusting the AC settings and putting it back on auto, but each time it kicked off the auto & went back to the high fan speed. Changing temp setting seemed to have no effect. Not a super hot day, about 85 degrees. Software says up to date. While fiddling around with things, the screen went semi dark and froze. Re-set the screen & it's working fine now but the AC's still blowing high speed hot air. Have tried Power Cycling the Vehicle & no change. Waiting for car to be towed. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

did you do a brake pedal reboot or just a scroll wheel reboot? brake pedal boot reboots more stuff and clears errors better. I had my AC go out once and nothing would fix it i had an appt with tesla and they did OTA diagnostics and said i needed my AC motor replaced for like 3 grand. I wasn't too happy about that so i went and started checking fuses and relays, everything looked good then i went for a full reboot of the car. I disconnected the neg on the 12v battery then disconnected the firemans loop i opened the door (window was down) and let it sit for about 10-15 min and then put it back together again and my AC worked great.
Had a similar issue with the power steering a few months ago and i did this same thing and it works fine ever since. Not sure what cache is being reset by pulling the main battery disconnect but it works so that's all that matters. Although with a 2021 you're under warranty so whatever the issue its a free repair anyway but keep this in mind once the warranty expires because it is very helpful.

Hey wait a sec tesla hasn't delivered a single model S in 2021 yet, i guess you made a typo and meant 2020 or earlier

Upvote 0
the new 2021's have the same type a/c as the model 3/y......they have had many problems with hot air blowing out rear and some for passenger side vents...after three trips to SC, it has been working fine...they never said what they did, but each time I go it back it worked a few days and the third trip it was fixed.....I think they changed the thermostat sensor and one other thing I cant remember....but I told them the third time better fix it or they can buy it back....wallah, works now

Upvote 0
I've had problems with my 2021 Model Y blowing warm air on AC as well. Went in for a service appointment and Tesla says it is working as intended. I think they just don't now how to fix it.

Now in your MS does it never get cool even if you turn the temp setting down to LO? If so that sounds like compressor is not activating.

Upvote 0
I've had problems with my 2021 Model Y blowing warm air on AC as well. Went in for a service appointment and Tesla says it is working as intended. I think they just don't now how to fix it.

Now in your MS does it never get cool even if you turn the temp setting down to LO? If so that sounds like compressor is not activating.
take a RF temp gauge and make a video of the temperatures from upfront and the back vents.....then go to the service center if you can when blowing warm/hot air......thats what I did after the 3rd incident.....it finally got fixed......although they denied it was something in the system and tried to tell me that it was because of ambient outside air temp an inside air temp were too close to each other....once they see it hot and the video they may make another attempt to fix....also take the gauge with you and let them see the reading while you are there and have them document the reading on the work order.....

Reactions: rjpjnk
Upvote 0
take a RF temp gauge and make a video of the temperatures from upfront and the back vents.....then go to the service center if you can when blowing warm/hot air......thats what I did after the 3rd incident.....it finally got fixed......although they denied it was something in the system and tried to tell me that it was because of ambient outside air temp an inside air temp were too close to each other....once they see it hot and the video they may make another attempt to fix....also take the gauge with you and let them see the reading while you are there and have them document the reading on the work order.....
Ah, Tesla's classic "its not broken heres a dumb reason why you're wrong" approach.

Upvote 0