Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC blowing hot air on a hot day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This problem started Saturday, after updating to 2022.24.8. Car was built in early March and a reboot didn’t solve it. On a warm summer day, in the low 80s, the AC started blowing warm air. After a few minutes, just before it became unbearable, it blew cold and then after a few more minutes, back to warm. This intermittent behavior continued for the rest of the trip. Lowering the set temperature didn’t solve it. Anyone else experiencing this?

This problem started Saturday, after updating to 2022.24.8. Car was built in early March and a reboot didn’t solve it. On a warm summer day, in the low 80s, the AC started blowing warm air. After a few minutes, just before it became unbearable, it blew cold and then after a few more minutes, back to warm. This intermittent behavior continued for the rest of the trip. Lowering the set temperature didn’t solve it. Anyone else experiencing this?
Better open up a service ticket on the app.

Upvote 0
It’s likely coincidental. It’s a hardware issue. I logged a service appt nearest Tesla service center. It must be a vulnerable part cuz others had same problem. Mine acted up by ~year 2 of owning Tesla Y 2020. Don’t fret, they have 24x7 service and I got my car back within 24 hours as long as you can get your car in before business hours.

Upvote 0
I don't think the update caused your AC to stop working. The removal of radar certainly didn't stop boombox. NHTSA forced Tesla to recall Boombox because it didn't meet Federal safety standards, so Tesla disabled it on all cars to be in compliance.

I just meant that in my ownership experience, OTA updates have caused more harm than good.

No guarantee this wasn't caused by the update. My M3 originally had defective PT sensors, so it wouldn't make heat in Winter. They pushed an update to bypass the sensors and the heat worked again.

I've lost confidence in Tesla's software devs.

Upvote 0
Let me guess-
last AC service long time ago, problably You´re missing refrigerant. Also, right after a Supercharger Session, the battery housing gets this warm, that the AC blows warm air for some minutes. due to the fact that the air intake is where the hot air concentrates under the hood.

Upvote 0
Let me guess-
last AC service long time ago, problably You´re missing refrigerant. Also, right after a Supercharger Session, the battery housing gets this warm, that the AC blows warm air for some minutes. due to the fact that the air intake is where the hot air concentrates under the hood.
Less than a year old and low on refrigerant? That seems unlikely to me. I've used SuperChargers with A/C on too and never had this problem... seems even unlikely that if the heat were due to battery warmth that it would clear out and cool down in a few minutes.

Upvote 0