Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC comes on by itself after park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello my Climate control comes on by itself after i park the car. This is especially true when i used AC during the last immediate trip. I may not turn off the AC when i got off the car.

I typically use phone app to turn on and off the climate control but then after a few minutes, it comes on by itself again. I would be doing it his again and again multiple times until I get tired of it and let it on.

Is there a setting I did it wrong or that’s because I did not turn off AC or this is something wrong and need repair by technician?

Hello my Climate control comes on by itself after i park the car. This is especially true when i used AC during the last immediate trip. I may not turn off the AC when i got off the car.

I typically use phone app to turn on and off the climate control but then after a few minutes, it comes on by itself again. I would be doing it his again and again multiple times until I get tired of it and let it on.

Is there a setting I did it wrong or that’s because I did not turn off AC or this is something wrong and need repair by technician?
It sounds like your Cabin Overheat Protection is on in your configuration. You can toggle it off and see if that would do it.

Sounds like the AC drying cycle that Tesla added to try to prevent/reduce the smelly AC issue. Basically if you had AC on, when the car is parked it'll run the fan for a while to try to dry the AC system.
Are you saying this is normal and simply let the fan run? I don’t like the noises at all though. How can I turn off the drying cycle ?

Are you saying this is normal and simply let the fan run? I don’t like the noises at all though. How can I turn off the drying cycle ?

Since 2012 with 3 different Tesla cars, the HVAC does run on its own randomly but I don't think the app would show that the HVAC is on each time.

I assume those HVAC noises are to automatically regulate whatever temperature the car wants like for its battery.

Reactions: rpiotro
Are you sure the "HVAC" is on or just the fan running? The fan is supposed to run, but not immediately (there is a delay after parking).

It's a feature to address the odor complaints that was introduced in 2019:
Software build v9.0 2019.32.2.1 9b8d6cd (09/10/2019)

There is no way to turn it off.

Reactions: dasn