Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC having issues when parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am noticing issues..today i drove plenty cold.... then i parked and the air on the ducts started warming up and car got warm....

I then started driving and it turned cold again

It was 95 out and ac set at 68

I am currently parked in front of the house..it was 110 in the car , turned on cooling via app...dropped fast to 72 and then it starting swinging up again to 75 and sat there...

I turned off the cooling via app, tuned it on again and now it dropped now to 68 fine...

I have to think its software????

I am noticing issues..today i drove plenty cold.... then i parked and the air on the ducts started warming up and car got warm....

I then started driving and it turned cold again

It was 95 out and ac set at 68

I am currently parked in front of the house..it was 110 in the car , turned on cooling via app...dropped fast to 72 and then it starting swinging up again to 75 and sat there...

I turned off the cooling via app, tuned it on again and now it dropped now to 68 fine...

I have to think its software????

Reset the car first
1. Turn off Auto A/C
2. Set to 62 degrees, not Lo
3. Turn on air recirculating

Fred

My AC started acted up today for the first time :(

mine happened while supercharging. Were you supercharging?

the obvious mistake is the outside temp shows 10 degrees higher than the real outside temp. Something in software is off.
It’s an on going issue with most model Y’s I have an appointment on August 20th to have the temp sensor checked or replaced as this happens to me twice, outside temps 115 degrees in Vegas and 109 in Redlands. Following the steps above fixes it temporary.

Fred

It’s an on going issue with most model Y’s I have an appointment on August 20th to have the temp sensor checked or replaced as this happens to me twice, outside temps 115 degrees in Vegas and 109 in Redlands. Following the steps above fixes it temporary.

Fred

you do those settings for a few minutes to make it reset? Or just milk as much cool from the system as you can while waiting for your service appointment?

Which color is the icon for air recirculating? Colored or off? Not sure how that icon works..

you do those settings for a few minutes to make it reset? Or just milk as much cool from the system as you can while waiting for your service appointment?

Which color is the icon for air recirculating? Colored or off? Not sure how that icon works..
Blue is On.

Press and hold the 2 steering wheel buttons while pressing the brakes, the screen will go off after a few, keep holding until you see the T back on the screen, then let go.

Fred