Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC is working ... great

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched multiple posters complaining MY AC is not as effective as M3 etc.
My personal experience just opposite. It really cool AC (in both meanings)
Experiment #1: Car is outside at 95F, cabin temp is 100F. Enable AC remotely to 70F. Took 3 minutes to cool off
Experiment #2. Car is outside at 95F, cabin temp is 90F. Set AC to Low and in ~5 minutes it was 50F inside!
Experiment #3. Outside 95F, car pre-cooled to 70F. No troubles to keep 70F with fan speed 4, bumped later to 72F as it became chilly.

I really do not precool the car right now in Texas heat, once it unlocked and everybody is seated, it cooled down below 80s very fast

I watched multiple posters complaining MY AC is not as effective as M3 etc.
My personal experience just opposite. It really cool AC (in both meanings)
Experiment #1: Car is outside at 95F, cabin temp is 100F. Enable AC remotely to 70F. Took 3 minutes to cool off
Experiment #2. Car is outside at 95F, cabin temp is 90F. Set AC to Low and in ~5 minutes it was 50F inside!
Experiment #3. Outside 95F, car pre-cooled to 70F. No troubles to keep 70F with fan speed 4, bumped later to 72F as it became chilly.

I really do not precool the car right now in Texas heat, once it unlocked and everybody is seated, it cooled down below 80s very fast

Let us know when you are in temps of 110+ degrees, then come back and post your findings.

Also post your build date, maybe you have the new high pressure temp sensor & super manifold.

Fred

I also think a key point would be stressing the battery and then asking for max cooling. After highway driving and then using it for max cooling or after charging. I don’t think the issue was that the heat pump sucked on it’s own, but that it might not have had the capacity to cool all the systems at once. Not sure if that was a cooling loop issue or a heat pump capacity issue...

It was 100+F this past long weekend in the Bay Area and my AC is still working well. I keep my AC set to 70F and fan speed=2. I had to turn fan speed to 4 for a while to cool down my cabin for a few minutes. I have the white interior so that might help reflect the sun and heat.

We are in St Augustine, temps are around 95-100 with humidity near 90% so car gets to 135 when left outside for 30 min. AC works without any issues, and cool quickly like original post stated. We are only 40 days into ownership, but so far so good and AC works great. Our vin 320xx

We are in St Augustine, temps are around 95-100 with humidity near 90% so car gets to 135 when left outside for 30 min.
Have you enabled Cabin Overheat protection? That should keep it to 105F (40C).
I use Dog Mode and keep the car at 75, regardless of whether my dogs are in the car or not. Of course That's when I'm only going to be gone for an hour or so. I have used Dog Mode all day when the temps were > 95F outside. The battery drain (20-25%) was significant but not range anxiety inducing.