Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ac issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to the forum. I am not particularly good at the computer either but why I have a model X is because I love the car. I have a model X 75D and the AC has stopped working. It did resume working after I rebooted the car. Is this something that happens on occasion or is this a an issue that should be addressed. Thank you for your responses

I am new to the forum. I am not particularly good at the computer either but why I have a model X is because I love the car. I have a model X 75D and the AC has stopped working. It did resume working after I rebooted the car. Is this something that happens on occasion or is this a an issue that should be addressed. Thank you for your responses
You need to schedule a service appointment in the app. A/C should never stop working.

Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0

Does the 75d have the original mcu? It might be that that is the cause. In any event it's a good value to upgrade to the mcu-2.

Upvote 0
You need to schedule a service appointment in the app. A/C should never stop working.
The above is good advice, but the service center will want to know when it happened and likely not be able to see logs by the time they got to looking if no error was recorded. If an error was recorded, there should have been a triangle with an ! at the top of the center screen, and tapping it would give you the error code so you could report it in a service ticket along with a time for when it happened. It may even give you the option to open a service ticket from the center screen and/or the phone app (if you have that). However, with a 75D, I suspect this advice is actually likely spot on:
Does the 75d have the original mcu? It might be that that is the cause. In any event it's a good value to upgrade to the mcu-2.
While there is an eMMC upgrade that may suffice if you are having storage wear issues in an MCU1, I agree that your experience will likely be greatly improved with MCU2, especially if you want to use navigation but find it taking way too long to route/re-route. However, I'm also guessing that you could still use FM radio, and the MCU2 upgrade will disable FM radio unless you also pay for a digital FM module retrofit, so you'd want to know that going in to save some frustration and an additional service visit.

Reactions: henderrj
Upvote 0
I have a 2018 Model X 100D and have experienced the AC stop working several times when temps are over 100 deg. I drove through the CA Central Valley when temp was over 109 deg - miserable. I took it to the dealership in Monterey CA to have the AC system checked out. They checked the system and said it was “within factory specifications “. The told me that the AC will shutdown to the passenger cabin and diverted the the battery when Temps are > 106 deg. I asked what do Tesla owners in Arizona or other parts of the country where when temps are regularly greater than 106 deg? The response was : “ live with the AC issue”. I was considering buying a new Model Y , but have changed my mind. If anyone has additional information regarding this issue, please contact me.

Upvote 0
I have a 2018 Model X 100D and have experienced the AC stop working several times when temps are over 100 deg. I drove through the CA Central Valley when temp was over 109 deg - miserable. I took it to the dealership in Monterey CA to have the AC system checked out. They checked the system and said it was “within factory specifications “. The told me that the AC will shutdown to the passenger cabin and diverted the the battery when Temps are > 106 deg. I asked what do Tesla owners in Arizona or other parts of the country where when temps are regularly greater than 106 deg? The response was : “ live with the AC issue”. I was considering buying a new Model Y , but have changed my mind. If anyone has additional information regarding this issue, please contact me.
I have a 2018 MX P100D and am in Arizona. I have driven plenty of times in extreme heat with no issues, what that SC told you is BS and totally unacceptable IMO. From 2 experiences, I have found I cannot make multiple supercharger stops when it is hot out and sit in the car with the A/C running at the same time: the A/C cuts out and it takes forever for the car's main battery to cool down afterwards. Try driving from Gila Bend to Tucson with no A/C when the outside air temp is 110: not fun!

One of our service techs told me I should be fine running the A/C while Supercharging if the outside temp is less than 105. I did this once, I can't remember what the temp was now, I think between 100 and 105, and the A/C cut out. Fortunately I was on my way home but even 30 minutes driving in that kind of heat with no A/C is bad. Service topped up the freon and it was good after that (interestingly, he said the tests said it was within specs but he recharged it anyway). Now the car is out of warranty and it happened again a couple days ago, but this time, it was not excessively hot (high of 92), we only made two short supercharger stops (one for 31 minutes and again for 8 minutes). So something is wrong but I couldn't get an appointment for 2 weeks.

Reactions: jiehan
Upvote 0