Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC or Heat on driver seat get turned on automatically once I sit on the driver seat when HVAC is off.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

theocguy

M3RWD - MSM/BLK/OD:03/22/Picked up 10/31/2022
Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
Recently my wife and I have experienced about the AC or/and heat on driver’s seat would get turn on automatically when we get in the car and sit on the driver’s seat, even though the HVAC is off.

We really can’t figure it out why it happens randomly. The auto cabin temperature protection is set to OFF. The car interior temperature in the morning is around 65-67.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
The climate is connected to the keycard used, and the last time it was used. So, for example, if your wife got in the car to drive, and you were the last one to use it. Maybe you had the climate off, but the last time your wife had it on. The car would use her settings from the last time she drove.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
its a bit glitchy but has been better more recently. the climate controls have different settings for easy entry and your driver profile. however, if you use the app beforehand to precondition the car it should overwrite both settings - however, over the last year or so this hasnt been working as effectively.

The climate is connected to the keycard used, and the last time it was used. So, for example, if your wife got in the car to drive, and you were the last one to use it. Maybe you had the climate off, but the last time your wife had it on. The car would use her settings from the last time she drove.
Both of our profiles have the climate set to off and manually turn on AC when needed.

its a bit glitchy but has been better more recently. the climate controls have different settings for easy entry and your driver profile. however, if you use the app beforehand to precondition the car it should overwrite both settings - however, over the last year or so this hasnt been working as effectively.
I double checked on the profiles, including the east entry. All of them have the climate control set to off. Very odd that the seat heater would turn it on by itself as soon as I open the driver’s side door.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC