Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
My MY is a month old. I am noticing that the AC has not been working properly. This was the least priority for me as I was getting used to the car's quirks.

I notice that the AC is not cool enough and puts out warm/cold air when the setting is at 68 or above. When set for 66 or 67 then I do get cold air.

Is this common or is do I need more freon/other part/software replacement?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I've had a similar issue and also an issue where I would turn on the climate with the app, and it would stop cooling at a certain temp. Say I set it for 68 but it would get stuck at 87. Turning it off and back on sometimes fixes it, but sometimes doesn't. Also turning on the passenger vent manually when in it has fixed it.

I have had a service appointment for a while now, but have been so busy I've pushed it twice now. Service enter is a hour away and was/am concerned they wouldn't have a loaner.

I just did a test where its 104 outside the car was set to full auto 70 with both passenger and backseat on and after 30 mins it never got below 83. So I'm thinking its service center time. If yours is getting down to 49 I'm way way far off.

I just did a test where its 104 outside the car was set to full auto 70 with both passenger and backseat on and after 30 mins it never got below 83. So I'm thinking its service center time. If yours is getting down to 49 I'm way way far off.

It was somewhere in the 90s the first time I turned on the AC to max when walking to my car. This was mid-July in DC, so it was humid as well. While it was in shade, and I was shocked to see the screen below as I approached my car. It has done this multiple times, so I'm reluctant to set the AC to max when preconditioning my car. It's so cold that even on a hot day, it's unpleasant. The outside windows also get totally fogged when I do this. I hope you get yours working like mine.
20200930_212529.jpg

I've had a similar issue and also an issue where I would turn on the climate with the app, and it would stop cooling at a certain temp. Say I set it for 68 but it would get stuck at 87. Turning it off and back on sometimes fixes it, but sometimes doesn't. Also turning on the passenger vent manually when in it has fixed it.

I have had a service appointment for a while now, but have been so busy I've pushed it twice now. Service enter is a hour away and was/am concerned they wouldn't have a loaner.

I have an appt for next week. But Tesla is asking for $175 or so diagnostic testing!!!

Any one else come across this?
Thanks

I have an appt for next week. But Tesla is asking for $175 or so diagnostic testing!!!

Any one else come across this?
Thanks

I had the same thing for a warranty claim. I'm not sure why they do this in the app, but there was no charge.

I did a test yesterday. It was in the mid 70s, but in the baking sun, my interior was 99*.

12:07 remotely turned the AC on max
12:08 99*
12:10 71*
12:11 66*
12:12 63* (which is when I reached my car)

Try same without AUTO.

It's known "bug" that in auto mode it blow hot/cold air. but in manual it's not happening.

P.s. Yes, it cool down car from 104F to 70 in minutes. With LO running for ~10mins cool below 50F, so it's not AC problem, rather controling it in different modes.

I don't believe my AC has an issue, but I found my car is able to blow cold air from one side and warm air on the other side of the temps are set differently and the external temp sirs in between. Very interesting situation.