TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

AC Problems

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Crackem, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Crackem

Crackem Member

My AC is blowing hot air when my car is not moving. Basically got my car today. AC worked great while driving on the highway. Parked it for an hour and it hasn't really been cold since. I tried to cool the car off using the app but it didn't work. I live in Miami and I like to sit in the car with AC on blast and this is getting frustrating. Also when I pull up to a light or stop sign it feels hot again.

2. Crackem

Crackem Member

Hopefully this is not normal.

Attached Files:

3. VBXATL

VBXATL Member

Have it checked out. Mine and a few others had their a/c lines routed backwards. Search the forum. There's a fire threads on it. After the fix, it works great.

4. Crackem

Crackem Member

Thank You vbxatl . Hopefully I'll be allowed to bring it in tomorrow morning.

5. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

This is not normal behavior, SC should check it out. Im also in FL and car gets cool in 4 minutes when preconditioning.

6. animorph

animorph Member

Sounds like the fans are not coming on to blow air through the A/C radiator when the car is motionless. That might cause a problem with battery/drivetrain temperature as well. Everything works fine as long as you are moving, but when you stop it all heats up in the still air.

7. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

The hotter it is, the colder the AC makes the air. In my S and X, when it is hot outside, it will freeze the hands off on the steering wheel.

8. Crackem

Crackem Member

I took it in today and haven't heard back yet

9. CaliX

CaliX Member

I just got my X back after it was blowing hot air on last heat wave they fixed it and the fan is barely noticeable. They said there is a service bulletin for this issue now.

• Informative x 1
  10. idoco

idoco Member

Same problem. Compressor does not turn on or shuts down when stationary. Waiting to hear back from SC.

11. ModelXsig1100

ModelXsig1100 Member

This. I have been impressed with the preconditioning dropping interior temp from 108 to 72 in the 4 minutes it takes to walk out after work...

Sorry to hear of OP's and others' problems; hope they are fixed soon.

12. idoco

idoco Member

SC just picked up X. Sounded as if they were aware of problem and solution. Will update when I know more.

Can't praise Tesla service enough!

13. Crackem

Crackem Member

My X will be ready tomorrow morning! I was told it was the Condenser Fan. They were able to get a new one shipped from a nearby service center and had it installed the same day.

• Like x 1
  14. idoco

idoco Member

Condenser fan also. Ordered by SC and will take a few days. Should have car back early next week.

15. Crackem

Crackem Member

Works great I'm in love again

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  16. Loriglass

Loriglass New Member

I have had problem with the A/C blowing warm air 3 times since I took delivery on 7/21. I was told it was a valve and it was replaced. Both times. It happened again today. It's a Model S. Suggestions?