Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Recirc not working and AC not as cold as prior to 8.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's dandy so now you're saying instead of keeping my fan speed on 3 as soon as I accept the 8.0 "upgrade" I could quite possibly be forced to keep it on 5 or higher. This is just getting ridiculous. I'm baffled as to why more owners are not concerned about this.
It's not as noticeable as Nav giving you a bad route or the Media Player bugs or AP issues. I'm guessing most people don't feel the impact.

Is that what this is? I have been confused by this text... can someone explain what "limited by fan speed" means?

Attachments

• IMG_20161027_175635.jpg
    IMG_20161027_175635.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Informative
Reactions: apacheguy
Is that message new in the latest 8.0? I don't recall others mentioning it before.

As to why fan speed 3 is considered "limiting" I am totally not buying the condensation argument. Again, my car on 7.1 doesn't have a problem with it as well as all the previous cars that I have owned with a recirc feature.

As to why fan speed 3 is considered "limiting" I am totally not buying the condensation argument. Again, my car on 7.1 doesn't have a problem with it as well as all the previous cars that I have owned with a recirc feature.

I think others mentioned this could be part of 8.0's and 8.1's automatic temp control when the car is off. However, this doesn't make sense to me as today, in 6.x/7.x/8.x, preconditioning is "full auto", which allows outside air. They easily could have the automatic control do the same or even "fresh only" for that feature and not mess with how it works when I'm actually riding in my car!

Reactions: apacheguy
Only way to get their attention is to send an email to servicehelpNA. It enough owners speak up then they'll likely revert to the way recirc used to work on 7.x.

I mentioned this to my service advisor when making an appt for my car to get some things fixed. He sadly said he has heard it a lot from other customers in Charlotte and Engineering has reported back to him that "it's a feature, not a bug". So we have to be noisy enough to make them change their mind on the feature!

I mentioned this to my service advisor when making an appt for my car to get some things fixed. He sadly said he has heard it a lot from other customers in Charlotte and Engineering has reported back to him that "it's a feature, not a bug". So we have to be noisy enough to make them change their mind on the feature!

Yes, I can hear the advertisement now... "Come on down and buy your $100k fully electric state of the art environmentally friendly luxury sedan and enjoy the clean fresh aroma of diesel trucks because we disabled the recirculating air feature in your car. The button is still there but it no longer works. Trust us. We know better than you how to control the airflow in you car."

So my next question would be why? Why is this a feature? I would escalate to the regional manager if need be to get an answer.

So my next question would be why? Why is this a feature? I would escalate to the regional manager if need be to get an answer.

I have discussed at length with the Palm Beach Service Dept and with various people at Tesla that I contacted via the tech support email. No solution or explanation has been provided. They did review my cars logs remotely and confirmed all is well. I have accepted that this is a "feature" (albeit a terrible one) so I have asked 3 separate times for them to provide me all AC settings that will guarantee that I get recirculated air. Still no response. I get outside air on fan speed 4 so setting it at 4 or above doesn't fix the issue.

Jason

That's frustrating to me that Tesla continues to have difficulty communicating with their customers. We've been saying it since day one and management has done little to rectify the concern. They really should strive to have better rapport with the owner base.

Reactions: Cyclone
Look like this may have finally been addressed! I'm looking forward to upgrading to 8.0 now!

This is the first time I've been the first to install an update. Unfortunately I can't really exercise my creativity in naming it, because given what was fixed this is all too obviously the "Fanboy" update.

View attachment 216792

View attachment 216793