Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Recirc not working and AC not as cold as prior to 8.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This fix exemplifies what's awesome about Tesla and what is, shall we say...puzzling:

On the plus side, they do take feedback into account quite often and being able to push fixes ota is awesome. The puzzling part? Who at Tesla thought it was a good idea to limit recirc to 4 and above....ESPECIALLY when one of the recent marketing message Is all about the unique quality of their air filtering approach.

Now, if they could only push a fix to disable/make it optional to have the icon bar "auto hide" at the top of the screen...

So I finally hit the accept button and updated from 7.1 / 2.32.23 to 7.1 / 2.36.31. Come on "Fanboy", I am waiting impatiently!

I'm curious, what feature/improvement in 8.0 is it that you are really looking forward to? (And since it only appears that ~5 people have gotten "fanboy" so far, at least according to ev-fw, I think Tesla is rolling it out very slowly, so you might want to wait a little more before hitting accept again.)

I'm curious, what feature/improvement in 8.0 is it that you are really looking forward to? (And since it only appears that ~5 people have gotten "fanboy" so far, at least according to ev-fw, I think Tesla is rolling it out very slowly, so you might want to wait a little more before hitting accept again.)

I'm late to the party here...is there another thread discussing "fanboy"/what it's referring to?

Right, ok. The true fanboy in me thought that maybe this was only one feature and not the entire release in and of itself. But I'll take it. I wonder if this is also adresssing the second thing, i.e. reverting to the pre 8.0 settings for AC... colder/faster cooling w/o having to increase the fan speed as much.

I'm experiencing Bluetooth and Slacker bugs and Support won't help me unless I'm willing to be brought to the new firmware, which until now, I refused specifically because of the recirc "issue".

Whew. It is nice to be able to select recirc when in bumper-to-bumper traffic!
IMG_5461.JPG

Cyclone - Did you just get the update at home or were you at a service center. Still waiting for this one unfortunately.

FWIW I called tech support and asked them to push this update to my car. I was going to justify this request with the start of my allergy season (true story) but they didn't ask any questions. They said they'd open up a case with my local service center. Two hours later I had a software update notification. Thanks Tesla!

YMMV.

Bruce.

FWIW I called tech support and asked them to push this update to my car. I was going to justify this request with the start of my allergy season (true story) but they didn't ask any questions. They said they'd open up a case with my local service center. Two hours later I had a software update notification. Thanks Tesla!

YMMV.

Bruce.
-
That's awesome to hear. I wonder why they don't have that option to request something like that directly from the touchscreen in the car, in the app or from MyTesla?........it would be one less phone call the customer had to make AND one less call a Tesla employee has to answer. I would think the process could all be automated somehow?

Cyclone - Did you just get the update at home or were you at a service center. Still waiting for this one unfortunately.

Service Center. I had declined the update so long I think my car fell off the bandwagon. I got accept and it was another 7.1 update. A week later, it still hasn't gotten an update notice. Meanwhile, my door handle had to be serviced yet ago and this time I told the service team they no longer had to avoid updating my firmware. Sadly, they tried pushing the firmware and it failed, so they reflashed my car while they had it.

That's awesome to hear. I wonder why they don't have that option to request something like that directly from the touchscreen in the car, in the app or from MyTesla?........it would be one less phone call the customer had to make AND one less call a Tesla employee has to answer. I would think the process could all be automated somehow?

Indeed. The closest to that we've seen was some months ago (pre-8.0) where if you drove within a service center's geo-fence, your car would automatically check for updates. Kind of like hunting for Pokemon, but for software updates. That's been turned off now, so don't try this at home, kids. :)

Bruce.

PS. This was the first time I called to request a software update, and I honestly didn't expect it to work. I'm not sure any of us could do this at random, so I made sure I had a solid justification for asking.

It's now been more than a year since the re-circulation problem was supposedly fixed. But the problem has returned in my 2016 S60. Anyone else having a recurrence?

Yup. Just noticed the other day. Was going through smoke from a fire and noticed that the recirc was not kicking in when I manually selected it. Thought I was imagining it until I saw this post.

I'll bring this thread back up. I'm not sure our 2013 S85 has ever had a properly closed air recirculating mode on the HVAC. Since I'm never able to drive through a cow pasture or smoky area without blocking out the smell like in our other vehicles with the recirculator on. Our VW, Lexus, and Chevy all have an motorized louver or damper pivot from within the dash when you active or deactive the recirculator. I'm not sure if the issue with our Tesla is a software or mechanical issue but I'd love to get some clarity on this. Anyone figure out a way to test if the system has a fault?