Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC temperature.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys.

What AC temperature do you set up in your cars in auto setting? I usually set it to 72-73 in all my other cars including Model 3 and it’s very comfy. In recently picked up 2023 MYLR I need to set it to 68 to get a similar level of comfort. Very odd. Have you noticed your AC is not that efficient?

Dec. 2020 produced MYLR: now at 42k miles.

My HVAC has a tough time maintaining my preset temp of 71f. The range of cabin temp seems broader than any of my other or previous cars.

Efficiency: For me, that's not the issue. HVAC is quite capable of 65f-75f, whatever I enter. It's only around 70-71f that the cabin temp range is inconsistent. IIRC, this has been reported before here at TMC.

I have premium aftermarket tint all around, including roof and windshield.

fall and winter: 71F
spring: 70F
summer: 73F

Climate Control set to Auto; fan speed * set to Hi, rear vents off (if no passengers), recirculate cabin air set ON when temperature is over 90F.

* In the Auto setting the Fan Speed control functions as a fan speed limiter, i.e. in Auto if you set the Fan Speed to Medium the fan speed will range from Low to Medium but not High. When the Climate Control is set to Manual the Fan Speed Control enables you to set the fan speed from 1 to 10.

In spring and summer a sun shade for the glass roof can make the Tesla Model Y much more comfortable for driver and passengers. A quality ceramic tint can help maintain a comfortable cabin temperature by rejecting infrared (IR) rays. The windshield, side windows will benefit from a ceramic tint; the glass roof is factory treated to reject IR and UV rays so adding a tint to the glass roof may not provide as much benefit.

I purchased, installed a one-piece mesh sun shade for my Model Y. I leave the sunshade in place all of the time.