TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

AC turns itself on overnight?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sbtz, Aug 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sbtz

sbtz Member

So I woke up this morning to a frigid interior - my AC had been set to "LO," as it seems to perform better this way in the socal heat, but when I entered my garage, I heard the AC running. This isn't the first time it's happened. I use TeslaFi and the Remote-S/Tesla-App, not sure if those are causing it... Since it was overnight, I'm certain that it wasn't the over-temperature protection (whatever happened to Elon's promise of being able to set a lower threshold on that anyway?)

2. Bridor

Bridor Member

There is a setting - Settings, Vehicle, Smart Preconditioning. If this is on, the car attempts to learn from your habits and will have the cabin ready for you. For example, if you are always heading to work around 9am, this setting will make it so that it is ready by 9am by turning on the climate control.

Brent

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1