Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC turns itself on overnight?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sbtz

Jan 18, 2016
CA
So I woke up this morning to a frigid interior - my AC had been set to "LO," as it seems to perform better this way in the socal heat, but when I entered my garage, I heard the AC running. This isn't the first time it's happened. I use TeslaFi and the Remote-S/Tesla-App, not sure if those are causing it... Since it was overnight, I'm certain that it wasn't the over-temperature protection (whatever happened to Elon's promise of being able to set a lower threshold on that anyway?)

So I woke up this morning to a frigid interior - my AC had been set to "LO," as it seems to perform better this way in the socal heat, but when I entered my garage, I heard the AC running. This isn't the first time it's happened. I use TeslaFi and the Remote-S/Tesla-App, not sure if those are causing it... Since it was overnight, I'm certain that it wasn't the over-temperature protection (whatever happened to Elon's promise of being able to set a lower threshold on that anyway?)

I am glad you asked this question as my Tesla Model S is occasionally doing the same thing in the mornings and I was getting worried. I know when I went to bed the climate was set of but when I entered the garage this morning it was clearly running. I am always afraid this would be running all night and drain my battery.......