Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Turns off when Driver Leaves while Back Passenger is in the back?

Barrygold

Jun 20, 2019
Midwest
I know right. This is what I am talking about.
Mine is going in for service for this issue. Tesla did a remote diagnosis which showed everything was fine with the sensors but they just won’t pick up added weight into the car seats in order to activate the rear AC.

antchobees

Jul 27, 2020
Orlando, FL
Mine is going in for service for this issue. Tesla did a remote diagnosis which showed everything was fine with the sensors but they just won’t pick up added weight into the car seats in order to activate the rear AC.
So it is a problem. Ill make sure ill bring this up with my service appointment next week.

Barrygold

Jun 20, 2019
Midwest
So it is a problem. Ill make sure ill bring this up with my service appointment next week.
Yes. Since I have TeslaFi, I was able to tell Tesla service the exact day/times that the car seats were occupied and they verified that the sensors weren’t picking up the occupancy.

aznkukuboi

Nov 17, 2017
Bakersfield, Ca
At least your back seat sensors work. Mine will only sense a passenger not a child in the car seat. I have to manually turn on the rear air every time. First world problems.

Do you think this is a software issue? I haven't tried it in my 3, but my Y disables rear vents everytime even if there are passengers and set on AUTO.

Impaler

'20 MY LR Black/Black, 20" induction w/FSD
Jul 5, 2020
USA
LOL. My wife and child are not dogs... Tesla needs to fix this.

I saw a post where it senses the back seat passengers and leaves the AC on. Would like to see if anyone knows anything more about this.

I don't think there's anything to fix. Just set what you want from the touchscreen and leave.

tamroast

Jun 5, 2021
AZ
Mt husband has a 2018 M3 and when he leaves his phone I'm the car and gets out, the air stays on and the screen for me and our child. In my 2021 M3, different story, I live in AZ so even a minute with no AC is terrible, I thought my car would do the same when checking the mail but my son told me the screen turns off and so does the AC. Dog mode works, but annoying if my passenger and kid want to watch something on the screen while I'm out of the car. I keep my AC on auto, my husband keeps his on ON. I'll try the ON, but I wish keeping my phone in the car would keep it going while I pop out for 1-2 minutes to check the mail.

bronxct1

May 3, 2021
New York
I always set it to on instead of dog mode or anything else. It should leave the hvac running with the same settings. I’ve used this since I got my model 3 two years ago without issue.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC