Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC vent constant medium/high pitch whistling noise when climate is on, normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Took delivery of brand new 2022 Model 3 RWD a few days ago. Noticed that when I have my climate on, my fan speed at 1, 2, or 3, and any temperature above 20 degrees Celsius, there seems to be a whistling/whining noise coming from the vents. This is regardless of whether or not my A/C is on or off. I can get it to disappear sometimes if I adjust the temperature, or "split" between the driver and passenger side, but it will come back in a few minutes. The only way to get this sound completely off is to have temperature lower than 20 degrees.

Any ideas guys?

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
I have something similar, but it's intermittent.
I came up with these steps to reproduce:
1. Open full climate settings
2. Disable auto
3. Enable A/C
4. Set fan level at 4
5. Recirculation disabled
6. Air direction - up and front enabled, legs - disabled
7. Enable split temperature for driver and front passenger
8. Set HI temp for driver and LO for front passenger

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
SC ran the climate test (looks like they have an automated testing by a software) - no issues judging by sensors.
They were unable to tell me my best course of actions if I run into this again. But I will tape it again and open new case once I have it again.

I just experienced this after doing a cabin filter change. I've done this 3-4 times before but this was the first time with the whistling. I seem to have solved it by opening the access panel where the filters go and moving them slightly and closing everything up again. 🤷🏻‍♂️