Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC vented seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lloyds

Apr 3, 2013
Bay Area
I'm currently looking at trading in my + for the p90d..but am curious if there is any word on whether Tesla has any plans of creating AC vented seats. I have it on my M5 and love it. Figure for a $140k car, this lux item should be in the car. Also can anyone confirm if the newer cars have strap on headliner for hanging suits?

I'm currently looking at trading in my + for the p90d..but am curious if there is any word on whether Tesla has any plans of creating AC vented seats. I have it on my M5 and love it. Figure for a $140k car, this lux item should be in the car. Also can anyone confirm if the newer cars have strap on headliner for hanging suits?

There's pretty much never any word on whether Tesla have plans to add anything new to the car.

Never been an option and the question comes up every now and again on TMC but still no real information from Tesla if\when this feature is ever going to make it into the Model S. The general consensus is that Tesla isn't terribly interested in implementing ventilated seats at this time.

Jeff

With the flat floor construction and console design, there is little space for the ducting necessary to cool the seats.

There are two air vents right under the cup holders / arm rest, so there obviously is already ducting right were you would feed it into the seats. I think just vans built into the seats would already be enough. You don't really want to cool down the seats, just some airflow to prevent sweating. But as others have said, pre-cooling the car via the app takes care of the hot car problem mostly.

Look to see if the Model X offers this feature. If it does, we'll see it in the Model S pretty soon. If the Model X ships without this feature I doubt we'll see it in the Model S for at least a year.

Having said that we have ventilated seated in our Mercedes and I really like this feature a lot. However given the choice between AC seats or precooling the car, I'd go for precooling the car so I would not let this issue keep you from buying a Model S. With precooling it is not as necessary.

I definitely agree, at this price range I would expect some features to already be there. We have ventilated seats in our E550, what's funny is how often we just don't use them. Once the car is cooled off, never have issues with feeling uncomfortable.

So so I've found the same in the Tesla, although because the leather is so smooth I feel like I tend to stick to the seats more so than in our Mercedes. So hopefully in the future they add them as standard with the upgraded interior.

But it not having them isn't the end of the world, and it's hot down here.

I'm currently looking at trading in my + for the p90d..but am curious if there is any word on whether Tesla has any plans of creating AC vented seats. I have it on my M5 and love it. Figure for a $140k car, this lux item should be in the car.

Many of the AC seats used in other vehicles (Ford F150 for example) employ a fan which passes air over a Peltier Effect cooler in the seat. These take a significant amount of power to operate. Not a problem with an ICE vehicle, but I expect the effect on range would be an issue with a BEV.

Many of the AC seats used in other vehicles (Ford F150 for example) employ a fan which passes air over a Peltier Effect cooler in the seat. These take a significant amount of power to operate. Not a problem with an ICE vehicle, but I expect the effect on range would be an issue with a BEV.

Not so sure. Here is a Peltier cooling / heating seat apparently pulls around 30W. It's an add-on but I assume would be in the ball park for built in.