Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a quick watch of the Tesla Model S Plaid delivery event and I learned something about my M3 that I never realised.

Am I the only person that didn't realise you could move the front vents up and down (left right) by touching the AC screen?!!

You can see it here for MS but the same feature applies to M3s

I did think it a little odd they weren't adjustable but not enough to RTFM obviously!

tac.png

• Funny
Reactions: NewbieT
When we had our brief reservation holders demo of Model 3 at Park Royal back in 2018, the vents were pretty much the only thing the Tesla rep would show us. He completely ignored important questions such as driver seat positions etc, but would happily keep raving on about the on screen vent controls. So yea, we know about them... nice idea but still prefer manual vents as much easier to position when driving. In fact, I've only ever adjusted them either stationary or as a passenger. Would be useful to have different easily selectable HVAC user presets. Probably best of both worlds.

Just had a quick watch of the Tesla Model S Plaid delivery event and I learned something about my M3 that I never realised.

Am I the only person that didn't realise you could move the front vents up and down (left right) by touching the AC screen?!!

You can see it here for MS but the same feature applies to M3s

I did think it a little odd they weren't adjustable but not enough to RTFM obviously!

View attachment 672100

In the early presentations about the Model 3 UI the ability to move the air around onscreen got nearly as much attention as "fart mode"! Maybe there needs to be a reminder ... but that's OK you've done it for us! :)

I knew that, also from watching youtube videos prior to delivery. But I'm not sure I like it that much, I can never seem to get it where I want it.

Same as above I wish you could turn off passenger side. My other half hates having any kind of draft on her, hot or cold...so currently they point straight up and it seems to be ok but just looks stupid when you open that screen up!

Reactions: Envchem