TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

AC

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mackgoo, Oct 16, 2015.

1. mackgoo

mackgoo Member

So. What do you think? Did they get the AC right? It seems a 1000 times better to me.

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Me too. Though I miss the little icons that I could glance at to see what was in auto, fan speed and mode selector.

3. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

Much better. Cannot believe you dealt with that for longer than a week. I only had mine a few days here in sunny San Diego and it was insufficient. But, I did not appreciate all that extra info on the screen, so I do feel the current setup is more streamlined. Seemed to me that there was too much there before. But I only had to live with it for 6 days! :tongue:

4. cytranic

cytranic Member

I live in South Florida. I thought the AC was fine. Now its just noisier. My entire dash vibrates now when the compressor comes on. I use to set my AC to 69 degrees and turn it on before I leave work. I would barley hear the car. Now its 72 and when I get to my car after leaving the office, the car sounds like a jet engine. People even comment saying "I thought these didnt have an engine".

I liked it the way it was before. Less vibration and fan noise.

5. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

I think it's only the AP cars that have this noise and vibration through the dash. I drove an Autopilot loaner here in AZ and I thought something was terribly wrong when the AC kicked up. I heard a terrible "buzzz" noise inside the cabin and felt a vibration through the dash and steering column. My 2013 car does not do this and the AC is super quiet, no vibration.

6. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

When the custom menu has the "AC On" and one turns up the heat to warm the cabin does the AC compressor remain on or does one need to go back to the menu and manually select "AC off"?

7. William13

William13 Member

Good question but there is a heat pump rather than AC plus resistive heating when very cold. I expect the cold air felt is from the heat pump action. Moving air feels colder than it is until somewhere over 100 F.