Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ACC Really Scared me When

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018-05-09 17.20.01.jpg

I was in stop and go traffic and ended up behind this. This really scared me as the ACC didn't sense the proper stopping distance because of the trailer design.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 75
No angles for good radar reflection, even stereo camera may have trouble being sure about that is shadows or darker conditions.
Future regulations will maybe require a vertical radar reflecting surface or thicker walls for laser or stereo am hits on such trailers.

Reactions: markn455
No angles for good radar reflection, even stereo camera may have trouble being sure about that is shadows or darker conditions.
Future regulations will maybe require a vertical radar reflecting surface or thicker walls for laser or stereo am hits on such trailers.

I think AP1 has some kind of vertical radar at the center only. You know how AP1 will display a Cargo Truck on the screen when it detects a tall back on the vehicle in front? One time I was in traffic behind a truck carrying a porta potty. The truck kept moving to the left toward the left shoulder to peek ahead of the traffic, so the graphic kept changing from a truck to a car to truck to a car... :p