Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accelerated pedal cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20201018_113634.jpg
I just installed the top fit aluminum pedal covers and the accelerator pedal didn't have a cover on it from the factory. Was it supposed to? It was bare metal.

Also I found that it was easier to pull the rubber over the metal by using a vinyl siding tool. Even soaking it in hot water I found it difficult to pull it over the metal with my fat fingers.

View attachment 599764 I just installed the top fit aluminum pedal covers and the accelerator pedal didn't have a cover on it from the factory. Was it supposed to? It was bare metal.

Also I found that it was easier to pull the rubber over the metal by using a vinyl siding tool. Even soaking it in hot water I found it difficult to pull it over the metal with my fat fingers.
I also was wondering about the accelerator pedal. I also installed the two pedal kit and the accelerator was almost impossible to get on. I heated it with a heat gun which helped.

Reactions: Mightybhwk
View attachment 599764 I just installed the top fit aluminum pedal covers and the accelerator pedal didn't have a cover on it from the factory. Was it supposed to? It was bare metal.

I'm going to try that solution. I struggled with the accelerator cover for over an hour and due to its curve, I can't get the danged thing on. Brake pedal was easy.

Reactions: Mightybhwk
March 2019 build SR+ came with both rubber pieces.

But the May 2020 AWD model Y doesn’t either, will install the model 3 rubber piece in its place.

Looks like there is a rubber piece but nope it’s not there:

View attachment 600087

Fred
At first glace I thought it had a cover. Wasn't until I got up close that I saw that it was just metal. Probably was slowing the Tesla line workers down because its a PITA to put on. My Y was a Aug 2020 build.

I'm going to try that solution. I struggled with the accelerator cover for over an hour and due to its curve, I can't get the danged thing on. Brake pedal was easy.

I started by putting on the right side of the pedal then while pushing the pedal to the left I put the siding tool under the left bottom side and pulled the rubber over the metal. Then while while still pushing left and holding down on the bottom left (didn't want it to pop back off) I did the top left. It was hard to get the tool in the middle because of the break pedal but with both left side top and bottom on the middle I was able to finish by hand.