Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration and top speed reduced" ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I updated to software 2022.40.4.2 and I woke up with the car having the following error messages:
1. Power limited - OK to drive. Vehicle may not restart after this drive
2. Acceleration and top speed reduced. Performance may be restored on next drive.

I read that this could be a major issue, do I need to stop what I'm doing and schedule an emergency mobile service?? I can only do mobile service, closest physical location is 3 1/2 hours away

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Tap the car icon on the bottom left then the bell icon on the top right and see what the error code is. I had BMS_a170 with this message after 2022.40.4.2 but drove it and it was fine and it went away and hasn't returned.
Here's the error codes! I'm trying to get a mobile service tech out to my place ASAP but real tough in my city

Attachments

• 23818A08-AEA3-4A05-BC31-B0B292658BB4.jpeg
    23818A08-AEA3-4A05-BC31-B0B292658BB4.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 661
  • Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and KenC
Upvote 0
Its through the service menu (as in tesla technician service menu). Its not accessible from the normal menus, but if you search around TMC you will find people saying how to get into it, like here:

You can read that thread for more info.

Upvote 0
Did anybody know if these error codes were reason to worry? If simply past codes that are popping back up due to software update

You have already answered this question yourself, at least from the perspective of company that is responsible for servicing the vehicle:

I live 3 hours from the nearest service center and have the same two error codes popping up the morning after I updated. I've owned the car 1month so I'm not sure if they've had previous repair that never cleared the codes. Should I reboot and clear the codes myself and try driving like that? Service center wants to check the High Voltage Circuit Integrity for $410 as the fix, plus the 900$ for me to tow it there

Its up to you whether you are going to ignore the advice they gave you or not.

Upvote 0