Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost £1.5k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe this is correct. Which is annoying, I quite fancy this upgrade on my leased Model 3.

Hoping to get this done at some point, I am on a lease and there I do not see my car in my Tesla Account. The car appears in my Tesla App, however I can see the upgrades option. Don't think there is a ny way around that, unless someone here knows :)

I've been in contact with Tesla about this. If you've got a Model 3 on a lease, you won't have the option in the app. But you can request it via the service section. You simply schedule a service and explain this is the reason then they can process the upgrade. I'm very seriously considering doing this myself in the very near future. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I've been in contact with Tesla about this. If you've got a Model 3 on a lease, you won't have the option in the app. But you can request it via the service section. You simply schedule a service and explain this is the reason then they can process the upgrade. I'm very seriously considering doing this myself in the very near future. ;)
Do it - I did and loved it! It's always been borderline, but right now an LR with boost looks like a much, much better buy than a P

Oh gosh, this is dangerous information after thinking I couldn't get it anymore...

Will you tell your lease company?

dont look at the time difference, look at the increase in acceleration. 0.5/4.4 is 11%.
The upgrade give you a car that accelerates 11% harder than before.
That will be really quite noticeable.

As for ICE upgrades, we've all been there and pretty much without exception they would all invalidate your warranty, leaving you with a more highly stressed engine, risk of some major bills and naff all chance of ever getting your money back on the upgrades.

The Tesla upgrade is fully warranted, and very likely will enhance the car's value at resale.

Personally I think it is a great offer by Tesla, whether you want it or can justify the expense is a different matter.
You'll still be in my rear view mirror though - sorry ;)
I was told if you sell the car the uogrades are removed is this right or wrong?

There have also been a couple of instances where on sale to a third party Tesla has found that the software add on hadn't actually been part of the original sale spec in the first place so they reverted the car back to the spec that Tesla have for the car. Sounds like that in a few cases, something like a trial had not expired even though it was never paid for.

Some of the other reports of features being removed were purchasers believing that the car had a feature such as FSD either (intentionally or otherwise) by the seller/dealer or making the incorrect assumption that a car fitted with FSD computer meant that the car had FSD. There is a lot to be taken in when buying a Tesla for the first time so easy to understand the mix up between FSD computer and FSD software.

There have also been a couple of instances where on sale to a third party Tesla has found that the software add on hadn't actually been part of the original sale spec in the first place so they reverted the car back to the spec that Tesla have for the car. Sounds like that in a few cases, something like a trial had not expired even though it was never paid for.

Some of the other reports of features being removed were purchasers believing that the car had a feature such as FSD either (intentionally or otherwise) by the seller/dealer or making the incorrect assumption that a car fitted with FSD computer meant that the car had FSD. There is a lot to be taken in when buying a Tesla for the first time so easy to understand the mix up between FSD computer and FSD software.
BMW did this with me. My previous car didn’t have CarPlay as standard, so I got it retrofitted and coded. Took it in for a routine service and they did an alleged upgrade of the firmware, despite me saying not to. End result is it bricked the ECU and iDrive Media controller. Cost me £500 to get my car reprogrammed by BMW. Was totally pee’d off with this, but it was one of those things as the update improved safety.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
My two pence: as a one of purchase it doesn't seem worth it. But it gets you closer to M3P performance. And with a more practical car. Longer range and more comfortable ride. If you compare it to the cost of an M3P all of a sudden it's a bargain. I ordered my performance not long before the acceleration boost came out. If it had been an option then I might have gone for it.

But it gets you closer to M3P performance. And with a more practical car. Longer range and more comfortable ride. If you compare it to the cost of an M3P all of a sudden it's a bargain.
I see this sentiment a lot on this forum so please dont take this response personally, i just don’t understand it.

How is it more practical, that would imply bigger, perhaps more seats, or more storage, but fundamentally something more than performance, suspension, brakes, wheels and a spoiler?

Longer range is debatable, if you had the same size wheels its likely a performance boost LR would give less range than a P if you actually used the boost functionality, there’s only a handful of miles in it between the two now including the stock wheel size difference.

The comfortable ride is totally subjective, i find the P more reassuring, has better grip and ultimately more comfortable but I’m coming from ICE cars that were firmer than either the P or LR so that makes sense for me to feel that way. All that said it isnt a simple fact that LR is more comfortable than a P.

Bargain i kind of agree with, the P price hike is steep and has gotten much worse even since December while we have been preparing for our purchase, perhaps the hike is now too much for what you get but I’m totally sold having tried both a P and LR.

Reactions: pow216 and Jez_GB
How is it more practical, that would imply bigger, perhaps more seats, or more storage, but fundamentally something more than performance, suspension, brakes, wheels and a spoiler?

The only difference I can think of is that you could spec a new LR with a tow bar but not on a P. Could be significant for those potentially using trailers or bike racks that use a tow mount.

Reactions: Neilio and Jez_GB