Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration boost 1/4 mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't see them doing anything with the MYP's performance unless Ford is just crushing it with the MME. I would guess then as a matter of pride/bragging rights Elon might uncork some more power.

At the same time, nothing might be done if the MY 2.0 has some changes coming we aren't aware of. So they might not waste any more time on developing the performance of the current platform unless it would directly translate into the next Gen.

While I am a serious performance junkie at heart, for a daily driver I really can't say I have really wished for more power with my boosted MY LR. Even towing 3,000 pounds behind it, it does a very good job.

Anyone drive both a LR with acceleration boost and a MYP? Is there still a noticeable difference in acceleration?
I ran my car MYLR without AB on Saturday. It ran 12.72 at 113 mph. Pretty much the same trap speeds as the P, but slower off the line.

I'm picking up a MYP on Friday. Planning to run it next weekend. I'm expecting it to run 12.0s. Going to put 19" Martians on if I can get ahold of them, which should bring it down to 11.80s

Reactions: Crypto2k3