Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost 2022 (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. I'm currently in the market to purchase a Model 3 in the next couple months to replace my ICE. Currently coming from an RS3 8V FL so I'm ideally wanting to keep the performance.

I did have my decision set in stone for a LR then purchasing the performance boost for £1500. However, I've heard it's no longer available on the refreshed 2022 model with the larger capacity batteries. Is that correct?

I'm also looking to get the car on lease, which I believe you can't get it anyway through lease (even if was available), unless the lease company agrees to purchase it through them. Just trying to think whether I go for the LR and hope it becomes available to the refreshed 2022 model, or make the stretch for the performance model.

It is no surprise that some LR owners consider the good value acceleration boost option ... it's also no surprise that potential buyers who are uncertain about going Performance or LR look to save money by going the LR/AB route ... but surely Tesla will realise that they are losing sales of the more expensive vehicle. For all we know this may be a factor in the non-availability of acceleration boost. It would be a good idea to make absolutely certain this going to be available again before committing to a purchase, if this is your plan.

Reactions: browellm
Upvote 0
A Tesla demonstrator at Those Park told me that the AB is available on the LR anytime after taking delivery as long as the vehicle is not on a lease.
Unfortunately many people working for Tesla don't know what they are talking about and/or Tesla don't keep their staff informed. What he said was correct for the LR up until around 4 weeks ago - any new ones with the higher capacity battery don't have the ability to purchase AB at the moment.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately many people working for Tesla don't know what they are talking about and/or Tesla don't keep their staff informed. What he said was correct for the LR up until around 4 weeks ago - any new ones with the higher capacity battery don't have the ability to purchase AB at the moment.
Yep classic Tesla, many answers and a guessing game as to who is right, best bet is the information on the forum.

Upvote 0
sorry but you put in 20 kwh and the battery is 80kwh - kw is the charging rate - kwh is the stored energy

....pedant hat off... ;-)
Hi Mr H, sorry to hijack this thread, I'm trying to message you direct but unable too, (think because I haven't posted enough) I'm looking for someone to install a power frunk on my model 3 lr MIC 2021 model. I have the EV offer variant C pack in hand. I'm based in Lanashire (Clitheroe) is this something you still do? Again apologies for reaching out this way, just didn't know how else to get in touch, cheers Dave.

Upvote 0
Just following up for any viewers of this thread: Acceleration Boost is confirmed to be immediately available for the 2022 LR vehicles.

I was planning on getting it immediately before I collected the car, but I must say I find it insanely fast already - much more than I expected or anticipated from YouTube clips. It's great to know though that if the wow factor ever wears off down the line, you can restore the sensation with this upgrade.

IMG_865322DC93B7-1 2.jpeg

Reactions: Tameautumn
Upvote 0
Just following up for any viewers of this thread: Acceleration Boost is confirmed to be immediately available for the 2022 LR vehicles.

I was planning on getting it immediately before I collected the car, but I must say I find it insanely fast already - much more than I expected or anticipated from YouTube clips. It's great to know though that if the wow factor ever wears off down the line, you can restore the sensation with this upgrade.

View attachment 766820
as per description - AB would reduce 0-60 from 4.4s to 3.9s

Upvote 0
Thought I would add my 2p worth to this thread.

I have installed this on my car and it's a tricky one to either recommend or not.

Personally I have always noticed a slight hesitancy on accelerating from a stop on the LR, it always felt like there was just a miniscule delay before anything happened and its always irritated me and to my mind it felt like it was there by design to put a bit of distance between the LR and performance. I'm happy to report that (for me) AB seems to have addressed that. Like most reviews it seems to have addressed the 0-30, which I guess concurs with my original gut feeling.

Do you notice the difference? Its subjective but to me yes for the reasons above.

Is it worth it? argubably not due to
a) cost
b) complicates insurance a little more,
c) you only make use of the benefit from a standstill mashing the throttle
d) even more complaints from the wife about making her feel sick

But I'm going to keep it, I need the bragging rights :)

Reactions: tess19 and NSS89
Upvote 0