Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost: delayed download, now at 24 hours and counting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pianewman

2021 MYLR VIN 88,XXX, Rd/Wh, 12/20 delivery
Supporting Member
Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
All of you pathetic Tesla sickos finally convinced me that I HAD TO PURCHASE the Acceleration Boost. I was counting on a 48 hour trial period, although I was fully aware that the 48hour trial is from the time of purchase.

HAHA! It's now almost 24 hours since I purchased the upgrade, and it STILL hasn't been downloaded. It looks like I will only have 24 hours to try it out.

I just spent 45 minutes in a "live chat" with a kind Tesla rep, and he said that, unfortunately, mgmt made it clear to him, and me: THE 48 HOUR TRIAL IS FROM THE TIME OF PURCHASE, NOT FROM THE TIME OF DOWNLOAD, no exceptions, even if they DON'T get the download to me.

So, just venting. I have a case number for the live chat if I choose to follow up with a formal complaint, and the Tesla rep. said he would submit my complaint, as well, to Tesla mgmt.

• Funny
Reactions: MY-user
All of you pathetic Tesla sickos finally convinced me that I HAD TO PURCHASE the Acceleration Boost. I was counting on a 48 hour trial period, although I was fully aware that the 48hour trial is from the time of purchase.

HAHA! It's now almost 24 hours since I purchased the upgrade, and it STILL hasn't been downloaded. It looks like I will only have 24 hours to try it out.

I just spent 45 minutes in a "live chat" with a kind Tesla rep, and he said that, unfortunately, mgmt made it clear to him, and me: THE 48 HOUR TRIAL IS FROM THE TIME OF PURCHASE, NOT FROM THE TIME OF DOWNLOAD, no exceptions, even if they DON'T get the download to me.

So, just venting. I have a case number for the live chat if I choose to follow up with a formal complaint, and the Tesla rep. said he would submit my complaint, as well, to Tesla mgmt.
It’s a sign…you must keep it 😁

Always connected to WiFi. Tesla just took its time sending me the download. It finally downloaded around 7pm this evening. I now have 24 hours to destroy my rear tires.

Gor-Gor: "$4k to keep." Huh?

As others have stated, the difference is quite noticeable. A quick burst knocked my son's phone out of his hands.

...sigh...

Always connected to WiFi. Tesla just took its time sending me the download. It finally downloaded around 7pm this evening. I now have 24 hours to destroy my rear tires.

Gor-Gor: "$4k to keep." Huh?

As others have stated, the difference is quite noticeable. A quick burst knocked my son's phone out of his hands.

...sigh...
I felt bad and told the wife to spend $2k on whatever. Had to make it even.

Tesla clearly did NOT SEND IT in a timely manner. I ordered it at 7:44pm, Sunday evening, received the download Monday around 6:00pm. The car was confirmed on WiFi, and set to "advanced" for receiving software updates.

Uhh...well...I guess. I just cancelled it, though. I didn't want that much more power lingering for if/when my kids drive the car. Yes, I know, chill is available, but I'd have to plan ahead.
Still kinda pissed I had so little time to play with it. Only shaved 1/32" off the rears...sigh...

I’ve always been confused by this upgrade. It provides a quicker 0-60 by ~half a second, but does it give quicker relative acceleration beyond just a faster launch? By that I mean will the AB give me quicker acceleration when passing than my unboosted MYLR does if I’m already traveling at 50-70 MPH?