Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost for original Stealth (Sept 2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have one of the original Stealth model 3's from 2018. My online account just says long range all-wheel but my car screen and app have the red underline and I have track mode. When I go into my account I see the option for the $2k Acceleration Boost option. I don't know why this would be offered. Is this how other original Stealth owners see their accounts setup?

Thanks.
-Larry

Car Details
Specs
Long Range All-Wheel Drive

All Black Premium Interior

Obsidian Black Metallic

18’’ Aero Wheels

Enhanced Autopilot

Full Self-Driving Capability

Free Unlimited Supercharging

Subscriptions
Premium Connectivity

Free Unlimited

your account says you DONT have what we call a stealth performance (proven by the fact that you were offered an acceleration boost which would not work on your car). If you actually PURCHASED the "stealth performance" and have an MVPA that shows the performance option on your vehicle, then you should contact tesla to get them to update your account so it has the correct car.

If you did not PURCHASE (with an MVPA line item that says "performance" on it), a stealth performance, but instead just "have the performance software, including track mode" then at some point you can likely expect them to remove it, and you absolutely shouldnt say anything to tesla about it because it will just get removed sooner.

If you purchased a performance vehicle, your online account should say performance, not long range awd.. but there have been a number of reports of people who just "got" the performance software without buying it (and others of people who "got" FSD software without buying it). In both cases, when tesla "corrects the error" they get upset, come here and start talking about "this is how the car was delivered, how can they take this away from me, blah blah".

So, TL ; DR version

If you actually purchased the performance version of the car with 18s, etc, and that shows on the MVPA, contact tesla and ask them to correct your account. If you dont, at some point they will "correct" it for you when they audit accounts. If you DIDNT actually purchase it with a line item on your MVPA, enjoy it while it lasts and dont say anything to tesla, and hope you get to keep it for a while.

I did in fact pay for the Stealth (window sticker attached). It was one of the first Stealth models delivered at the time. When I went to pick up my car it didn't have the red line under the Dual Motor so I called Tesla. Tesla was certainly experiencing many growing pains at that time and they were confused/overwhelmed. After many calls, I was able to talk to someone who corrected the display in the car and in my app. I was still a bit skeptical so I continued calling and he actually did a screen share with me and showed me my configuration in their back-end system. We also talked with one of the manufacturing folks who said the motors on the long range dual motor were the same as the performance, not looking to start up the whole motors from separate bins discussion again :).

Tesla email: "I wanted to reach out to you regarding a challenge you notified us about recently, in which you reported an incorrect displayed vehicle configuration.​

I've communicated with the vehicle to correct the displayed configuration, and this is now displaying as intended per the documented purchase configuration--Model 3 Dual Motor Performance. I apologize for any confusion, and thank you for patience while this was corrected."
I suspect the way my car is showing then is still not 100% aligned with how other original Stealth models are showing up online.

Attachments

• Window Sticker 2.jpg
    Window Sticker 2.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I did in fact pay for the Stealth (window sticker attached). It was one of the first Stealth models delivered at the time. When I went to pick up my car it didn't have the red line under the Dual Motor so I called Tesla. Tesla was certainly experiencing many growing pains at that time and they were confused/overwhelmed. After many calls, I was able to talk to someone who corrected the display in the car and in my app. I was still a bit skeptical so I continued calling and he actually did a screen share with me and showed me my configuration in their back-end system. We also talked with one of the manufacturing folks who said the motors on the long range dual motor were the same as the performance, not looking to start up the whole motors from separate bins discussion again :).

Tesla email: "I wanted to reach out to you regarding a challenge you notified us about recently, in which you reported an incorrect displayed vehicle configuration.​

I've communicated with the vehicle to correct the displayed configuration, and this is now displaying as intended per the documented purchase configuration--Model 3 Dual Motor Performance. I apologize for any confusion, and thank you for patience while this was corrected."
I suspect the way my car is showing then is still not 100% aligned with how other original Stealth models are showing up online.

Usually the top line says Model 3 Performance so you might want to ask them about that.

H_svW70_7j1HifRETqhz_2V5NS6kLAeE2Np0uP9aQO4.jpg

Usually the top line says Model 3 Performance so you might want to ask them about that.

View attachment 557177

Yeah but this OPs line items clearly show "performance dual motor all wheel drive" for the same cost as you have on your MVPA, so OP clearly purchased it.

OP I suspect you are correct that they never corrected your account properly. I would get your MVPA out, along with that sticker, and contact tesla about your car incorrectly showing up in their system. If you dont, you run the very real possibility of more headaches when they incorrectly "correct the mistake they think they made" in assigning your car performance software.

Since you have corroborating evidence you purchased this, it should be fairly simple to make scans of it into PDF , and contact them to get it corrected. If it were me, because I like actually talking to people in person who can make decisions, I would likely do the following:

1. Make physical copies of my MVPA, as well as PDF copies.
2. Drive down to a tesla delivery center, the one closest to me, in person.
3. Ask to speak to a manager at the delivery center, for "help with a specific one off problem I was hoping they could help me with".

Explain to the delivery center manager that I bought my car as one of the first Performance version cars, without the performance upgrade package (I would not use tesla forum lingo like "stealth", but use tesla official descriptions or as close as I understand them). I would say that, in my online account it does not show as performance, and I was recently offered the acceleration boost which I know is not applicable to my car. I would say "Here are the copies of the proof I purchased a performance vehicle, and I was hoping that you could escalate this for me through the correct channels, as I am not sure where I should go to escalate this issue?"

I would imagine that they should either escalate it for you, or give you the specific email address you would need to escalate it. I prefer doing stuff like this in person, because its harder to ignore you in person, and its easier to explain exactly what you need, while being polite about it.

Thats what I would do, but I definitely would NOT just sit on it, because its likely you would then have to figure out how to escalate it when they turn it off for you by mistake.

• Informative
Reactions: LRCasey
Yeah but this OPs line items clearly show "performance dual motor all wheel drive" for the same cost as you have on your MVPA, so OP clearly purchased it.

OP I suspect you are correct that they never corrected your account properly. I would get your MVPA out, along with that sticker, and contact tesla about your car incorrectly showing up in their system. If you dont, you run the very real possibility of more headaches when they incorrectly "correct the mistake they think they made" in assigning your car performance software.

Since you have corroborating evidence you purchased this, it should be fairly simple to make scans of it into PDF , and contact them to get it corrected. If it were me, because I like actually talking to people in person who can make decisions, I would likely do the following:

1. Make physical copies of my MVPA, as well as PDF copies.
2. Drive down to a tesla delivery center, the one closest to me, in person.
3. Ask to speak to a manager at the delivery center, for "help with a specific one off problem I was hoping they could help me with".

Explain to the delivery center manager that I bought my car as one of the first Performance version cars, without the performance upgrade package (I would not use tesla forum lingo like "stealth", but use tesla official descriptions or as close as I understand them). I would say that, in my online account it does not show as performance, and I was recently offered the acceleration boost which I know is not applicable to my car. I would say "Here are the copies of the proof I purchased a performance vehicle, and I was hoping that you could escalate this for me through the correct channels, as I am not sure where I should go to escalate this issue?"

I would imagine that they should either escalate it for you, or give you the specific email address you would need to escalate it. I prefer doing stuff like this in person, because its harder to ignore you in person, and its easier to explain exactly what you need, while being polite about it.

Thats what I would do, but I definitely would NOT just sit on it, because its likely you would then have to figure out how to escalate it when they turn it off for you by mistake.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm off of work next week for the holiday so a trip to the service center (only about 20 minutes from home) sounds like a nice diversion from sheltering in place all day.

I'm not one of those types of people. If I spill hot coffee on my lap, well that's my stupid mistake. The coffee wasn't too hot, I just wasn't paying attention. :)

FWIW that was actually the complete opposite of a frivolous lawsuit... it caused severe 3rd degree burns by being served far hotter than industry standards- McDonalds knew they were doing it- and had already previously dealt with dozens of earlier burn victims because it was cheaper than fixing the problem.

That's WHY the jury gave such a large award- because McDonalds had been continually, intentionally, reckless in their prep temp with full knowledge of the danger.

FWIW that was actually the complete opposite of a frivolous lawsuit... it caused severe 3rd degree burns by being served far hotter than industry standards- McDonalds knew they were doing it- and had already previously dealt with dozens of earlier burn victims because it was cheaper than fixing the problem.

That's WHY the jury gave such a large award- because McDonalds had been continually, intentionally, reckless in their prep temp with full knowledge of the danger.

Noted, perhaps a bad example.