Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost for SR+ coming soon?! [nothing yet]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr X

Jan 18, 2013
1 AU
moKO6VK.png

My money is ready

You would have to also buy the actual foglights as well. My 2019 SR+ had dummy foglights (no LED strip or LED light). I replaced them and tried to get TESLA mobile service to activate the on screen foglight toggle but they said that they could but within days it would probably disappear since my car wasn't supposed to have foglights. So I ended up just hardwiring them to come on when the headlights are on. See 2020 SR+ Foglights

I would be all for the interior lights though. We know they work cause they pop on and off on occasion.

Acceleration boost would be pretty sweet as well.

How would you tell what motor you have out of curiosity?

. Left side, front of left rear tire, move phone above aero shield, use 2x zoom if possible, flash, eventually you’ll get focused on it. If you have a light it is easier to get the focus.

See this post for what you're looking for

EDIT- Or yeah just watch the video posted while I was typing :)

I would love this, but I don't think much will come of this The 980 motor hasn't been in the SR+ since sometime in 2020 and there are reports that the 990 motor is at its full potential in the SR+ configuration. So they would have to do two separate acceleration boost depending on what motor is installed (that's if there is anymore power in the 990 to give). Fog lights in the SR+ aren't physically there except for some of the early SR+ models. Ambient lights (aka footwell lights) should be free as they are extremely basic lights. Most of this can be solved with third party solutions.

So Elon will look into it, but for business reasons probably will only do something about the ambient lighting as that hardware is still included in the SR+. This is why a healthy 3rd party mod community is important.

Reactions: badiban
Sucks that ingenext can’t figure something out for the 990 motors hopefully a sort of software tune eventually exists like on ICE

AFAIK no tuner has ever figured out how to do anything on these cars other than tell it it's a different, already-exists-from-Tesla, version... and it needs to have the relevant physical HW for that to work...

(the one exception I'm aware of was Jason Hughes getting an older, more hackable, S, to be convinced it was an AWD ludicrous model while being RWD... but even then he had to build essentially a fake front motor that "looked" like one to the computer to manage it and I'm unaware of anything similar being done/possible on newer cars)

AFAIK no tuner has ever figured out how to do anything on these cars other than tell it it's a different, already-exists-from-Tesla, version... and it needs to have the relevant physical HW for that to work...

(the one exception I'm aware of was Jason Hughes getting an older, more hackable, S, to be convinced it was an AWD ludicrous model while being RWD... but even then he had to build essentially a fake front motor that "looked" like one to the computer to manage it and I'm unaware of anything similar being done/possible on newer cars)
Yes unfortunately I have not heard of any true tunes either. Tesla software seems impervious to any form of jailbreak

You would have to also buy the actual foglights as well. My 2019 SR+ had dummy foglights (no LED strip or LED light). I replaced them and tried to get TESLA mobile service to activate the on screen foglight toggle but they said that they could but within days it would probably disappear since my car wasn't supposed to have foglights. So I ended up just hardwiring them to come on when the headlights are on. See 2020 SR+ Foglights

I would be all for the interior lights though. We know they work cause they pop on and off on occasion.

Acceleration boost would be pretty sweet as well.

that is dangerous because you will dazzle other roadusers.