Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration boost gets even faster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw this in my app. I believe originally it's from 4.4s to 3.9s, and now it's 4.2s to 3.7s? Pretty amazing if it's true (and not a bug)
IMG_7560.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
I think they may have finally started quoting the roll out times for the long range in that regard.. ppl hv seen 4.1 and 3.6 with 1 ft rollout. Which is what the performance times is based off of.. so 4.2 and 3.7. Are easily repeatable

* unless we got a 5% boost and didn’t tell anyone :D. Thatd be great
But fun fact is that Tesla still advertise Model 3 AWD as 4.4s acceleration on their website :)

• Funny
Reactions: Arctic_White
They also dropped the P3 time from 3.2 to 3.1. Not many people actually hit 3.1 w/o rollout so maybe there's been a small power increase.

People have been reporting in the latest 2020.40.* update that their car's feel "zippier".

Would be good to see some Dragy times and/or CANbus readings to confirm what's changed, if at all and if it's just on newer cars or current ones - indicating a hardware change or not as well.

Last edited:
They also dropped the P3 time from 3.2 to 3.1. Not many people actually hit 3.1 w/o rollout so maybe there's been a small power increase.

People have been reporting in the latest 2020.40.* update that their car's feel "zippier".

Would be good to see some Dragy times and/or CANbus readings to confirm what's changed, if at all and if it's just on newer cars or current ones - indicating a hardware change or not as well.

I thought I was crazy, but my model3 performance definitely feels a little faster after I got 2020.40.4.

I thought I was crazy, but my model3 performance definitely feels a little faster after I got 2020.40.4.

Dang it. Haven’t driven my vehicle since I got the 40.4 update a few days ago. Now, I want to take it out to see if I feel any difference in acceleration. However, it’s raining today so I’ll hold off until tomorrow. You know.... water and electricity don’t go well together ;) :D

• Funny
Reactions: Npap
Might sound greedy but I was hoping I would get 2 years before they improved the performance model, even though it's not much of a difference. Unless this also improved models before this update with software. Also, hopefully the new performance wheels are stronger than the old ones.

Reactions: Arctic_White
Would this faster 0-60 retroactively apply to those who already purchased the $2,000 Performance boost for the Model 3?
I bought it soon after it came out and mine says 3.7 today.

Add that Tesla doesn't say if it is a TRUE power increase or just a measurement. Seems odd since they boosted 5% Power increase in the past. I will try and do a 0-60 tomorrow or Sunday and see if I get 3.7 or below. My last was 3.84 and my best was 3.73.

Last edited:
Dang it. Haven’t driven my vehicle since I got the 40.4 update a few days ago. Now, I want to take it out to see if I feel any difference in acceleration. However, it’s raining today so I’ll hold off until tomorrow. You know.... water and electricity don’t go well together ;) :D

I just tried it with my Draggy in my usual spot. Bad news, it is still as fast as before : 3.26s ; 3.05s 1foot roll out. Good news, it is still as fast as before.
This is with 80% charge, warm tires.
I realized for the first time that AC does makes a difference. I was being a bit worried as all my first runs were in the 3.35s until I turned off the AC and then back to 3.25s.

I just tried it with my Draggy in my usual spot. Bad news, it is still as fast as before : 3.26s ; 3.05s 1foot roll out. Good news, it is still as fast as before.
This is with 80% charge, warm tires.
I realized for the first time that AC does makes a difference. I was being a bit worried as all my first runs were in the 3.35s until I turned off the AC and then back to 3.25s.
You must have a Performance. This thread is about the AWD with Acceleration Boost option.

Reactions: Zoomit
True JulienW I had no intent in making to much of a diversion, I was replying to bdub85's about the M3P feeling faster.
"bdub85 said:
I thought I was crazy, but my model3 performance definitely feels a little faster after I got 2020.40.4."

True JulienW I had no intent in making to much of a diversion, I was replying to bdub85's about the M3P feeling faster.
"bdub85 said:
I thought I was crazy, but my model3 performance definitely feels a little faster after I got 2020.40.4."
Unfortunate "feel' as an absolute measurement is something we humans are really bad at. Doesn't mater if it is brightness of light or loudness of sound. We can't objective or reliably measure subtle differences by the seat of our pants. For instance you can floor it one day and it feel slower and the next day it will give you butterfly's and feel faster even if the reverse is actually true.

EDIT: Also in the thread:
MASTER THREAD: "Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

Some are still seeing (in the menu) 3.9 with 40.x while some are already seeing 3.7 on 36.x. I know you can't see this on the Performance but maybe you haven't got the update yet.

Last edited:
Unfortunate "feel' as an absolute measurement is something we humans are really bad at. Doesn't mater if it is brightness of light or loudness of sound. We can't objective or reliably measure subtle differences by the seat of our pants. For instance you can floor it one day and it feel slower and the next day it will give you butterfly's and feel faster even if the reverse is actually true.

100% agree which is why my and my neighbor will be comparing previous 0-60 times recorded via dragy.

Scanmytesla is showing the same max power output as before. My dragy is showing the same max 0-60 @2.98 with rollout... Fastest previous 0-60 is 2.97, so no changes there. Haven't had a chance to 1/4 mile it yet.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin