Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration boost gets even faster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Word.

So then it seems more like Tesla is just finally updating the times to be closer to what's currently achievable and timing it with the rest of the refresh changes. Not a bad marketing trick to get more people interested who may have been on the fence.

I think they've done something though... Going to a wider and heavier wheel/tire, gaining time + gaining range... Unless the new wheels really are that much better with aero

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Has the Model Y got the same motors as the Model 3 & if not, could Tesla now be using different (ie as in Y) motors in the 3? This could possibly explain new versions having improved range/performance as it's a lighter weight vehicle.

It seems Tesla are harmonising many components between both models & makes sense for economies of scale.

I think they've done something though... Going to a wider and heavier wheel/tire, gaining time + gaining range... Unless the new wheels really are that much better with aero

Screenshot 2020-10-17 101005.png

If you can consistently perceive a difference of as little as 0.2 seconds by the seat of your pants then you have the most accurate sensory system on earth.:eek: Guess you don't need a measuring tape, scales or thermostat.:D

If you can't perceive that difference than you are not one who has drag raced much. By the 60ft of any launch I could tell you if that run would be on the + or - side of things. But that's with 30 plus years of driving and drag racing for every bit of those years.