Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost - M3P / LR - AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone running Ingenext Boost 50? Why are people choosing Tesla's AB over Ingenext? Firmware compatibility, warranty concerns, other reasons? I'm interested in the Ingenext option for some of the other features and it's half price compared to Tesla.
Causing warranty issues would be a major concern for me, maybe in time that may change once the product has been around longer and we can see what happens in the event of a warranty issue. For me it would not be worth the risk without more data.

I picked up my LR AWD last July and had every intention of purchasing the Acceleration Boost. However, even without it, acceleration of the M3 is ridiculously faster than most people will ever need. From any red light, you'll be well above the legal limit within seconds after flooring it. Given that, and the fact that the $2700+tax only reduces the 0-100km time by half a second, I decided to save my money and didn't bother getting the upgrade. And I haven't regretted that decision.

So it's still (currently) available but once you take delivery of your car, give yourself a few days without the upgrade to see if you really need it. You might just find that you can live without it. Then you can spend that $2700 on something like PPF and/or ceramic coating.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
My understanding is that it's "in" the car, so yes it would transfer. I think it's the same thing with autopilot/noa. There have been stories of people selling the car back to Tesla and Tesla removing the options. I guess they can do that if they want. But selling to someone else, I believe all the options should stay as part of the car.
You are indeed correct. We got AB back in 2019 & like you, smile any time we use it. That being said, we generally drive in 'chill' mode most of the time. With the advent of FSD in Canada, it will be more difficult to get a high driving score when using AB too much. Them's the breaks. Love our T3