Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost no longer available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was talking with a Tesla salesperson and she said they no longer offer the acceleration boost upgrade. I searched here and saw nothing about that and thinking she must have been wrong. I have yet to buy the car but LR plus AB is my plan.

As a side note, I’ve been super surprised how little the salespeople seem to know :( Thank goodness you guys are here to fill the gap.

I was talking with a Tesla salesperson and she said they no longer offer the acceleration boost upgrade. I searched here and saw nothing about that and thinking she must have been wrong. I have yet to buy the car but LR plus AB is my plan.

As a side note, I’ve been super surprised how little the salespeople seem to know :( Thank goodness you guys are here to fill the gap.

You could try calling a different sales center and seeing if you get a different answer. I've not heard of any reports of it no longer being offered.

I also received the same response from my sales person. However, after further research I assume what he meant was that it's not available to add-on at the time of order, like FSD for example. I ideally wanted to just add the $2k to the loan and not have to order it after the fact on CC, but it seems like that's the only option. I should be taking delivery in the next 7-10 days, and I'm happy to update afterwards.

I also received the same response from my sales person. However, after further research I assume what he meant was that it's not available to add-on at the time of order, like FSD for example. I ideally wanted to just add the $2k to the loan and not have to order it after the fact on CC, but it seems like that's the only option. I should be taking delivery in the next 7-10 days, and I'm happy to update afterwards.

This is likely what's going on. It's never been available as part of ordering the car itself unless it was an inventory car that already had it included. You always have to buy it after the fact.

Took delivery yesterday... holy *sugar* this thing is FUN. I'm coming from a VW GTI with APR stage 1 flash, which was quick, but the Tesla is on a whole other level. I can also confirm that Accel Boost is available to purchase, but I've decided to hold off a couple months till I get bored with what's currently there. Instead I'm going to get MPP coils in a month or so. There's definitely more body roll than I'm used to on fast turns and I think that should tighten it up (plus stance obviously).