Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is readying a new option, internally … - teslamotors - Reddit

Reddit post about an acceleration mode....

There are people corroborating the rumor via their account homepage. However, I can't see it on mine, since I already have FSD, so I don't have any "live"/official software updates available to me.

But.... $2,000 for this? Supposedly 10% improvement in 0-60 times (read the tweet thread).

Tesla Change Tracker on Twitter

Guys....now we're talking about P3D's that might be able to clear 2.75s 0-60.

That's Ludicrous (which they probably chose not to say.....so S and X can still have that)

Last edited by a moderator:
apparently it's for any of the dual motor variants. P, Stealth, and AWD

I didnt read it that way. I read it as a upgrade for LR AWD model 3s to have "P" level acceleration. I think its MUCH more likely that AWD owners get the option to buy P, than ALL owners get to buy faster acceleration.

We are both guessing, though. /shrug

I didnt read it that way. I read it as a upgrade for LR AWD model 3s to have "P" level acceleration. I think its MUCH more likely that AWD owners get the option to buy P, than ALL owners get to buy faster acceleration.

We are both guessing, though. /shrug

from electrek, who may also be guessing:

"Tesla accidentally leaked a new ‘Acceleration Boost’ upgrade planned for the Model 3 vehicles equipped with a dual-motor powertrain."

The text shows up for me, a P3D- owner, and it’s unclear whether it was supposed to be hidden for people with my trim or whether it is an option everyone can buy. Especially if it’s $2k, which is exactly the premium over the LR AWD to get a stealth...

462F6EC9-74E6-4576-85A8-A196B5B2F485.png