Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upgraded app and no 'upgrade' button for me. I have a stealth. I expected to see the button with no options available.
Button should be there regardless to show you what you DO have even if no upgrades are available. . That’s what it shows on my X. Perhaps kill app and restart it... May be a server issue but I’d think the database was complete by now for all cars.

I just stupidly accidentally clicked the “pay” button and didn’t have a chance to confirm or anything. Got charged CHF 2k (Swiss Francs) without having any opportunity to cancel. Now I’m bouncing between sales and service to try and cancel the order before the upgrade is sent to the car (each says the other is responsible). Last resort will be to challenge the order with the credit card company...lesson learned to not store the credit card number on file with Tesla.

Good luck undoing this.

I’m wondering if I’m in a similar situation. I wanted to get more info after getting the Tesla boost email offer- so clicked “purchase”. Did get the next page and immediately knew I didn’t want to continue so exited.

I did not “confirm” or “pay”. You mentioned you hit “pay”. Was that literal or did you also just do “purchase “ in the email?

3.5 originally when they were briefly (apparently accidentally) honest.

3.3 once they began using the deceptive dual-measurement system they use for S/X.

3.2 after first 5% bump

still listed 3.2 after second 5% bump.

Likewise the AWD was 4.5, then 4.4 after first bump, still 4.4... even though real-world and measured like the P it's 3.9 now....and from early reports around 3.5 with this update (measured like the P does)

Button should be there regardless to show you what you DO have even if no upgrades are available. . That’s what it shows on my X. Perhaps kill app and restart it... May be a server issue but I’d think the database was complete by now for all cars.

App version 3.10.2 on android. Killed app. Restarted phone. Nothin.

sketch-1576759318876.png

Smart financial move by Tesla since so many of us are suckers for acceleration. FWIW, you should notice a difference when you put your foot in it but i think this is more about the psychology/ego of knowing your car is quicker.

It is like installing faster memory in your computer so you can overlock it a bit more. It will not change your life but you just feel better knowing you are squeezing every last drop of performance you can out of the computer, when you may only notice in a benchmarking program.

Also keep in mind, that you will grow accustomed to the improved acceleration and not really notice it as much but if you are an enthusiast that doesn’t matter. It is about maximizing the performance and driving experience.

Ok, so this car new (pre 2019.36.2.1 software) was listed as 4.4s. Then after the 5% increase from the software update, the posted 0-60 times never changed, but how could they not have with a 5% increase?

Now, with another upgrade being offered for $2k, what is the real world upgrade? It probably isn't 4.4s to 3.9s, it's probably something like 4.2s to 3.9s. (No science involved, just pure guessing).

Tesla deceptively uses 2 different measurements for P vs non-P.

Using the P measurement the AWD was already doing 3.9 after the last 5% update.

With this $2000 unlock it'll now do about 3.5... (versus the ~3.0 the P does after 2 5% updates)

I just stupidly accidentally clicked the “pay” button [snip] ...lesson learned to not store the credit card number on file with Tesla.

Purchasing the upgrade is a 2-step action...the pay button only enables after you check the box next to it (ie "Buy for $2000 [ ]"). Wouldn't the "lesson" be to not click the Pay button if you really didn't want ti?

• Disagree
Reactions: Scott7 and ZappCatt
Purchasing the upgrade is a 2-step action...the pay button only enables after you check the box next to it (ie "Buy for $2000 [ ]"). Wouldn't the "lesson" be to not click the Pay button if you really didn't want ti?

I don’t blame Tesla for my stupidity but I was actually trying to see what the price incl. tax would be (turns out it is 2000 flat unlike in the US where I saw someone post a screenshot showing the total price around 2100 or so). I was expecting a checkout screen but didn’t get one...instead, I’m hoping I can either get the upgrade reversed or not get called out by my partner on burning 2 grand.

Im
Tesla deceptively uses 2 different measurements for P vs non-P.

Using the P measurement the AWD was already doing 3.9 after the last 5% update.

With this $2000 unlock it'll now do about 3.5... (versus the ~3.0 the P does after 2 5% updates)
kinda leaning to this as well. I know this last update it was noticeable for sure on the DMLR. I’m not sure about this 2k upgrade. I still think it is not a bad price, comparing it to what some cars would pay for full bolt one and tune. But I’m just curious as to why it’s only on the DMLR and not all model 3s. But time will tell hell I’ll probably get it. As i miss building race car and racing them like I use to. Nothing like having a 500whp+ civic hahah. Man good times. Lol. However my P3D is just as quick and way way way more consistent at the track. She is a bracket racing king lol

I wonder if the boost was limited to .5 seconds because of the rear motor change in later AWD vehicles? In the long version thread it cataloged that the P and the AWD had the same motor part numbers at first then in 2019 Tesla changed the rear motor part number on AWD.

Perhaps owners of the original AWD motor could "boost" more...

When I bought the car the "P" upgrade was $9k more and the wheel/spoiler package was $5k on top of that. Then they did the whole $5k or free supercharging price adjustment. The one second was not worth $9k, but I probably would have done it for $4k. So, now 1/2 of it for $2k was worth it to me.

We suppose to have 5% already. But now I did get this:

The Acceleration Boost is now available for Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive owners.
Boost your acceleration from Standard to Sport and improve your 0-60 mph time from 4.4 seconds to 3.9 seconds.
You will receive the update once your car is parked — connect to Wi-Fi to update sooner. Note, you will need to have software version 2019.40.2 installed for the upgrade to complete.
Log into your Tesla Account and select Upgrades to purchase. You can now also purchase upgrades from the Tesla app — download version 3.10.3 to access the Upgrades menu.
PURCHASE

Reactions: AkiraVideos
I wonder if the boost was limited to .5 seconds because of the rear motor change in later AWD vehicles? In the long version thread it cataloged that the P and the AWD had the same motor part numbers at first then in 2019 Tesla changed the rear motor part number on AWD.

Perhaps owners of the original AWD motor could "boost" more...

When I bought the car the "P" upgrade was $9k more and the wheel/spoiler package was $5k on top of that. Then they did the whole $5k or free supercharging price adjustment. The one second was not worth $9k, but I probably would have done it for $4k. So, now 1/2 of it for $2k was worth it to me.
It would be an early adoption gift for those that paid the higher price, if a future software update upgraded boost buyers to stealth performance that have the hardware to do so. Tesla doesn't do that. They didn't even give me one of those red model cars they promised. Expect nothing and be happy with what they give you or Tesla will disappoint you.