Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Stealth come with Sport mode? Or with Chill, Standard and Track mode?

Otherwise that config is truly a unicorn.
P3D AND accel boost? Something must have priority though. I can’t imagine both play nicely together.

stealth and all performance models have 2 modes to choose from for acceleration
Sport and Chill
Same options as the awd + now has

track mode is not an acceleration option and does not make the car any faster at accelerating

I think I do have a unicorn. The splash screen and app say Dual Motor with a red line underneath. On the driving tab, I have Chill and Sport, but no Track Mode. No mention of performance on my order form, and the total matched what I paid. I had only driven a RWD 3 as a test drive, and everything on the car matched what I ordered, so I assumed the faster acceleration was just due to AWD being faster than RWD.

Oh please stop rubbing it in....

I think I do have a unicorn. The splash screen and app say Dual Motor with a red line underneath. On the driving tab, I have Chill and Sport, but no Track Mode. No mention of performance on my order form, and the total matched what I paid. I had only driven a RWD 3 as a test drive, and everything on the car matched what I ordered, so I assumed the faster acceleration was just due to AWD being faster than RWD.

Can you post a pic of the driving tab? I've never seen a P (DM with red underline), at least since track mode rolled out to Ps, that didn't have it there.

Reactions: CitiesSprinter

Thanks for sharing - that pretty much confirms it, outside of testing your actual 0-60 times.

It would be unheard of if you would have the P software but not track mode, esp since service said its a Performance. I'm assuming Track Mode is just greyed out and needs to be enabled. Did you make sure to be in park and step on the brake then see if it allows you to activate it?

Also, what firmware version are you on?

Big congrats if your car has held up with P level performance on newer firmware. You indeed won the lottery and got stealth upgraded by accident to a Stealth Performance and were able to keep it.

About to buy but......if you use the iPhone app doesn't Apple get a 30% cut. If offering a game for $1 only on the app this is a great deal but if Tesla is paying $600 per sale that is a lot. What doesn't Tesla require you to use the web if this is the case?
When you pay, you do it outside of the App Store environment. It’s like buying stuff on the Amazon app. Apple doesn’t get a third of Amazons sales through the app.

OK then I'll just use the app. Want to do it in the car and see how quick it happens. Actually could do it on the Web Browser in the car but typing in the password would be to complex.

Won’t be any faster in the car browser. Still going through payment gateways and Tesla web services. Once it all clears they send some kind of push notification to your car to reboot. Fastest possible transaction is probably in-app using Apple Pay.

About to buy but......if you use the iPhone app doesn't Apple get a 30% cut. If offering a game for $1 only on the app this is a great deal but if Tesla is paying $600 per sale that is a lot. What doesn't Tesla require you to use the web if this is the case?
The 30% cut only applies to digital goods consumed in-app. For example, digital service subscriptions, game add-one, etc.

US AWD cars at the start of 2019 model year still had the 980

Meaning they and the P3D- motors were functionally identical

Thanks for confirming that fact :)

And so of course for 2020 they did individual results because they are not functionally identical anymore.

The 980 P3D- with 18s is measurably more efficient than the AWD with the 990 motor. Despite otherwise identical hardware other than the rear drive unit.

Again showing the 990 is a less efficient motor and functionally different than the 980

None of that is "unknown" it's all right there in the numbers.

where are you getting that they did individual results for 2020 they haven’t released the full test doc yet but the certificate is available and the test group looks identical to 2019

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=48628&flag=1