Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is all interesting. I’d be amazed if this update is meant only for the LR AWD to P update. Way too cheap (and is the actual price between the LR AWD and 3P-).

I would *hope* this is a model-specific upgrade with each version getting its own performance update. There’s no doubt these cars are held back (especially the 3P models which really are slow for the first second off the line before all hell breaks loose).

Guess we’ll see!

the source code (that shows 2k price for example) is visible to anyone

the one-line disclaimer mentioning the SW version needed for "acceleration" upgrade is only visible to existing owners (delivered car) that does not have FSD- because it only appears on the "buy FSD" page.

This page is available for OWNERS only.

when you become an official owner you will have access.

Ah ok makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

I have a 2018 MS 75D and I have the same verbiage in my account. It may be showing up unintentionally for everyone but will most likely only be made available to those who would benefit from it. I doubt my 75D will be as performant as a performance model.

That was my thought. Then you only need to order a red underline badge right? They did a soft launch with the Stealth orders and will now offer to all? It’s the same price, right?
No some of us paid 10k more for this upgrade, although some were refunded $5k back. Still it was never a 2k upgrade for most people. I hope it's something else.

If it is in fact AWD to performance for 2k it will seriously hinder my decision of whether or not I want to buy another tesla. Probably cancel my truck order too.

Although perhaps the value of my car is already degraded since there were a few P3D stealths sold at low prices. It means I would owe more for my current car than it would cost to buy a new improved one after a year of payments.

No some of us paid 10k more for this upgrade, although some were refunded $5k back. Still it was never a 2k upgrade for most people. I hope it's something else.

If it is in fact AWD to performance for 2k it will seriously hinder my decision of whether or not I want to buy another tesla. Probably cancel my truck order too.
They already sell the Stealth Peformance for only $2k more than the AWD (when they have them in stock...).

They already sell the Stealth Peformance for only $2k more than the AWD (when they have them in stock...).
I know it really sucks for those of us that fell for the demand levers. I feel bad about what they did for people who fell for the buy FSD now or pay more later, only to give it away at a lower price later too.

Would be totally hosed on my purchase, paying more for white paint too. I would for sure have just purchased an AWD back in the day if they release this now.

Last edited:
I have a Long Range Dual Motor (non Performance, EAP, no FSD) and I see the Acceleration Boost for $0.

26CD5A89-EFE0-4A31-A562-28DAFEEB87B1.png

Although perhaps the value of my car is already degraded since there were a few P3D stealths sold at low prices. It means I would owe more for my current car than it would cost to buy a new improved one after a year of payments.

I paid the same for my non-P 3D as I could have got a stealth now. Granted the tax credit is way less now, and almost gone. Anyway, that's how tech works. Early pay more so everyone else can pay less. I don't know why everyone has to complain about it.

If you don't like how tech pricing works, I would defiantly recommend canceling your truck order. The same will happen with that.