Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just installed mine...yeah its a given that its quite abit faster but the thing that I noticed is when driving normal from 20-50 mph the car just feels like its 300 lbs lighter...like its effortless to cruise at 40 mph now.

That is what the extra 50 lb ft of torque does. It makes our heavy cars feel a lot lighter than they actually are expecially down low where you need all that torque to get moving.

Another thing I've been pondering:

Seems like efficiency would go down a bit since it's easier to produce more power. Wondering if others feel the same, but I think I'm seeing worse efficiency now (though not too concerned about it...). It will be better than a P anyway.

But here's my actual thought: I'd expect that a future update drops where we can select chill, standard, or sport driving styles to mitigate this. It was probably done this way (chill, sport only) because then it was just a config change and no change to the GUI which would be a bigger software change.

Curious what 'yawl think about that theory. To me, I would use the standard option and go into sport when I want to have extra fun by having a different driver profile I can easily swap to.

more power now so yes less efficient
Though that depends on you ; should be same efficiency if driving very light on the pedal

doubt we will see 3 acceleration options in the future
The current P model also only has sport and chill

• Informative
Reactions: CitiesSprinter
Had to :D

20191223_085358.jpg

Late 2018 Tesla Model 3 FSD Dual Motor AWD (which accelerates just fine by the way) Since I am not racing new corvettes I'll just keep the $2,000 they wanted of 0.5 second. It is only once in a blue moon when I might find it actually be handy.

Reactions: omkar
I would "probably not" as I think the AB upgrade tuned all front and rear DUs the same, even if that means to the limits of one particular rear DU P/N.

well we know for a fact this upgrade is not to the limit of either motor type as it actually lessened the power from the rear motor
This update boosted the power from the front considerably which is similar to how the P is setup

agree this update is the same for 980 and 990

Reactions: CitiesSprinter
A third party BMW update is way more and bifurcates the warranty.

Noelle Performance Tunes F90 BMW M5 to 850 Horsepower

It adds 250(!) hp and 170(!!) lb-ft of torque for $3699. Put another way, you add almost 42% more horsepower for about 4% of the car’s cost and maintain some drivetrain warranty.

That’s insane.

Would like to see that thing run a 1/2 mile against the new roadster, P100D, and a 720s just for grins.